Congrats on the beautiful $2 1/2 gold piece!  That's awesome and a great reward for being determined.   

Rich

• Thanks 1

Beautiful finds and glad you had a great day hunting!

Wish I could get back out there, my neck and shoulder has kept me from doing anything.

Good luck on your next hunt and thanks for sharing the photos!

• Thanks 1

Wow, phenomenal coin! Actual value pales in comparison! That's a keeper! The condition is stellar! Look's like it just dropped out of the mint bag!

And yeah, i would keep hunting there!! It may have friends! Like a 1911 D!!💰👍👍

PS. Hope the thumb is OK!

If not, i will give you one of mine!! 👍(for the coin)!🤣

20200529_233450.jpg

• Like 2

Absolutely awesome find my friend, i can only dream of the day.  

• Thanks 1

I didn't think I would find coin like that in my entire life and at that site. Sadly the old place is slated for demo and will be replace with the typical modern  crap houses. I was surprised at the price of the coin also, seems to be worth only gold weight. But man it sure is a pretty little coin. Maybe today I'll find its big brother Ha Ha Ha.

• Like 4

One of the coolest American coins ever made! Congrats. 

• Like 1

Congratulations on finding that beautiful coin . It's a wonderful feeling finding a gold coin and you'll always remember it .

• Thanks 1

That is simply awesome!  Congratulations!

If I found that, I would need new underwear. 🤣

• Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TreasureHunter5
      Wow! Look at what just came out of my aunts backyard! It looks like a 1976/bicentennial coin collection. It clean up really nice after a lot of work. It was not very deep. I am really glad I didn’t damage the acrylic(I think it is acrylic).  I wonder how it got into the ground. Did someone bury it on purpose? Who knows. It is a great display. I can’t believe how nice it is. What do you think?

• By Bash
      So I've been getting a lot of clad coins with both the Equinox and the Vanquish 440 in the local parks, but even in the older ones, silver coins have escaped me for a couple of months now.  In between thunderstorms this afternoon, I hit the neighbor's parking strip, and in less than ten minutes, I pulled two silvers and a wheatie!  My first silver quarter, AND my first Canadian silver. The quarter is pretty trashed, but I'm glad just the same!
      Felt good to break the slump!

• By Gerry in Idaho
      Largest Gold Find in Idaho for 2020, you tell me.

As some of you who have been on DP for quite a many years, you know one of my focuses of chasing gold is in tailing piles.   My biggest finds have all been in tailing piles and I feel most folks just don’t have the patience to get skunked for hours and sometimes days or weeks.  But the rewards can be very gratifying for those who are dedicated and don’t mind a few “0” nugget days.  Well since I’ve been training customers for 25 yrs, I see some of them actually taking that next step.  Hats off to them as I know how hard they truly hunt.
      This particular customer is most certainly there at the Advance Level.  He has found some amazing pieces of gold in years past with every gold detector he purchased from me.  But to pull off this one only took his 3rd trip out with a 3 week old Equinox 800.

Total weight of this beauty is over a pound coming in at 14.68 ounce troy.  Specific gravity shows right at 3.6 ounces of heavy thick creamy rich yellow metal.  I swear this year has been fantastic for my customers and I can’t even hardly keep up with their finds. 

If anyone has seen a bigger piece of gold come from Idaho this year with a detector please let us know.  Heck, I’d just as soon be happy with anyone showing us some Idaho gold.

So my question to everyone is this:  Would you rather find a bunch of smaller nuggets or a single big rock “Idaho Golden Delicious”.   Do you feel this piece is worthy of a museum and how would one go about getting it into an Idaho museum without outright donating it?  Has anyone been through the process?

• By geof_junk
      😁
      ...........LINK............
    • By TreasureHunter5
      Here are most of my good finds of the past year. I have a lot of pennies, a few dimes, 2 quarters, and 1 nickel. I saved a few old pull tabs because they were out of use before I was around. I have a button, a toy car wheel, A few bottle caps, a spoon head, a few keys, a EP co cap, a knife, and a broken toy gun. I have a few finds not shown here. Like an arrow to a bow, a game horseshoe, another toy gun, and a few older coins that went into my coin collection. The gun in the bag in from the 1950s I believe, and a picture of a mint condition one is below. The mason jar liner was un broken when I found it but I hit is with the shovel( I saved it anyway). The zinc cap was to far gone to save. Hope they are interesting to look at.

• By devilsrenegade
      Now that the river level is starting to drop, I have been panning some flood gold. This gold came from 10 gallons of classified material. It was panned with a Garrett Super sluice pan. The flakes are so thin they will float on water. Hope you enjoy, it was nice to be outside and getting some gold.