• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple of days ago I returned to a late 18th century homestead that has been disappointing in the past. I've always felt like there was something good to be found around the house, but the best I co

The more I hold it the more magical it seems, No wonder why gold has fascinated us humans for thousands of years.  It truly is a strange feeling when finding something like that, It kinda takes you ba

Great find!!! Gold coins have always eluded me. I've found a fair number of gold rings but no gold coins. I think I'd react the same way you did if I ever find one 🙄. As for the house coming down, may

Posted Images

Congrats on the beautiful $2 1/2 gold piece!  That's awesome and a great reward for being determined.   

Rich

• Thanks 1

Beautiful finds and glad you had a great day hunting!

Wish I could get back out there, my neck and shoulder has kept me from doing anything.

Good luck on your next hunt and thanks for sharing the photos!

• Thanks 1

Wow, phenomenal coin! Actual value pales in comparison! That's a keeper! The condition is stellar! Look's like it just dropped out of the mint bag!

And yeah, i would keep hunting there!! It may have friends! Like a 1911 D!!💰👍👍

PS. Hope the thumb is OK!

If not, i will give you one of mine!! 👍(for the coin)!🤣

20200529_233450.jpg

• Like 2

Absolutely awesome find my friend, i can only dream of the day.  

• Thanks 1

I didn't think I would find coin like that in my entire life and at that site. Sadly the old place is slated for demo and will be replace with the typical modern  crap houses. I was surprised at the price of the coin also, seems to be worth only gold weight. But man it sure is a pretty little coin. Maybe today I'll find its big brother Ha Ha Ha.

• Like 4

One of the coolest American coins ever made! Congrats. 

• Like 2

Congratulations on finding that beautiful coin . It's a wonderful feeling finding a gold coin and you'll always remember it .

• Thanks 1

That is simply awesome!  Congratulations!

If I found that, I would need new underwear. 🤣

• Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Gerry in Idaho
      I finished my 2020 Field Training of customers a couple weeks ago at Rye Patch and was able to run the 7000 without interruption for 6 days.  My best day was 12 nuggets but I also have to admit that on 2 days, I was skunked (the 2 days I was swinging new ground looking for a patch. ).  Almost all the gold were whisper signals most folks are not good at and in a particular wash near the burn barrel, I pulled 7 in a day.  I even called over some customers who were hanging around to let them listen, watch and learn.  It just amazes me this detector can pick up nuggets at 14 to 18" deep and they are less than 2 grams.  Now I would never expect these kind of results in the Spring though so make sure you know your ground and timings.
      I was able to also watch Lunk dig his 1 ouncer and it blew me silly how it had been missed by the older machines.
      Anyway, we had a great trip, fabulous customers/camaraderie, some delicious meals (Thanks Chef Rusty) and good gold.  I'm starting to see a pattern when training though.  The lady customers seem to pay more attention and their proper coil control gets them more gold.

• By Jonathan Porter
      This thread is a place were I can share and continually update pictures of any of my current gold finds, kind of like a gold diary of sorts. Sometimes I’ll include narrative other times it will be just pictures of what I found for the day. I get out detecting regularly and I use a lot of different equipment some of which is not open for discussion. This thread is NOT about equipment but about the gold I find as I find it. I will try to include pictures of the terrain so people can visualise what the areas look like where I‘m detecting. 
      I would prefer if others do not post up pictures to this thread but ALL DP members are more than welcome to comment and ask questions about detecting related subjects, especially about targeting locations and mind sets and approach. It’s OK to relate to a post and talk about your own experiences, in fact I insist on it. That’s the whole point of a gold thread, to share my daily gold finds and talk with like minded people about how much fun it is to find gold.
      The Last couple of days detecting things have been a little slow as I revisit old haunts not visited for years. I’m targeting areas associated with old gold finds looking for indications of other nearby locations that are conducive to nuggets being present. The signs I’m looking for are gravels that are exposed at the surface, especially with pieces of ironstone in the mix, then working off the edges into the soil covered zones. Clermont does not have channeled gravels that were originally associated with creeks and rivers but instead has deltas of wash that spread away from the source becoming water worn in the process, this means you can have quiet large areas of deco clays with very little gravels then hit an area the size of a kitchen with good wash that contains gold, sometimes it can be associated with a weathered down localised quartz reef which has acted as a trap for mobile gravels or it will be made up entirely of gravelly wash that has moved on-mass and delta’d out in a fan shape. The trick is to find these areas hidden amongst the tree cover and fine surface soils that hide them. Quite often you will head downslope following the gold then hit a blank of deco that goes for 30 meters then the gravels will start up again. The trick is to try and push the boundaries until either a major drainage gobbles up the contents of the slope or the ground becomes barren. The hard part is to try and decide if the surface soils are laying over gold gravel or just deco with nothing underneath. 
      JP
      Pics are of the last couple of days in two different locations.

Day two

• By kac
      Finally got a Superfly for my Multi Kruzer. It weighs just .01 lbs more than the stock 7x11. Overall it is less chattery and I can kick the gain up much more. Depth wise on a silver dime it at same gain settings it will go between 2"-3" deeper with steadier numbers. Target separation seems to be about the same and in the field I gave it a go for about an hour or so and it was really nice to swing. Though I only found a bit of clad I plan on giving this one some serious hours.
      Not sure if it is a worthy upgrade for anyone with an Amphibio but if you have one of the Kruzers I highly recommend it.
    • By Mike Hillis
      What is wrong with the Gold Kruzer?   
      Why doesn't NEL or CORS or Magic or Detech make any coils for the Gold Kruzer?    
      They make full lineups of coils of for the Gold Racer, but not a one for the Gold Kruzer.   
      You can't say its because of the water proof connector, as they make coils for the Kruzer and Anfibio.
      You can't say its because of the frequency as they make coils for the Gold Racer and the Gold Kruzer is basically a waterproof Gold Racer.
      So what gives?  Why do the aftermarket coil mfg's treat the Gold Kruzer like an ugly step-child?   
      Mike

• By Lunk
      I always look forward to the winter months when I can freely swing the mighty Zed in the vast stretches of the desert southwest, uninhibited by the dense vegetation I typically have to deal with in the forested regions of Idaho. Searching new areas for a nugget patch is never easy, and long, fruitless days can really test your stamina and forbearance. Thankfully, the odd scattered nugget encountered here and there can spur one on to continue the magnificent quest. Such have been my days of late, patiently covering ground with the large GPZ 19 coil and anticipating that sweet sound of gold. Having been awhile since using it, I had forgotten how extremely sensitive the 19-inch coil is; pictured below are two recent sub-gram finds. The small one weighs a mere 0.12 of a gram, and the larger, thin bit, 0.18:

As beautiful as it is, the desert presents a daunting and endless expanse of landscapes to explore in search of the elusive yellow metal:

Of course, researching productive sites and following the geologic clues as well as old workings left behind by the prospectors of days gone by, like these coarse dryblower piles, can narrow down the search area:

Discovering a new nugget patch is the holy grail that every nugget shooter dreams about, and though few and far between, they are still out there. So persevere and always keep in mind these words from one of the greats: “Put the sound to the ground and leave tracks all around, because that's the way gold gets found!”
      A small, undiscovered patch of nuggets I stumbled upon in the Nevada desert last spring:

• By klunker
      Do any of you geeolodgik jeanyussez have a good theory for the formation of these nuggets? They were all found within about 50' of each other using an excavator and a7000.