Thanks Joe for the video! My main beach still closed due to the virus. What the media is not telling anyone is here living on the Texas and Mexico Border is, the hospitals in Mexico are filled with Covid-19 patients  and have run out of oxygen. They are letting people that are sick come over and admit themselves to our hospitals. In return our numbers went sky high and wont come down. The hospitals stated by law we cannot refuse service to anyone.

Due to my job i am in the emergency rooms where all these sick people are all over the valley and i can see with my own eyes hallways are full, rooms are all full. they have opened up large convention centers it has become so bad. But yet they still let a bingo hall open for business with about 150 to 200 people inside. The people in charge down here have figured out the more sick people the more funding and money that will be thrown at them. Believe me the corruption outdoes the virus 2 to 1.

So i cannot hunt my beach so I will have to tag along with you Joe through your videos, hope you dont mind the company. I Promise I Will Not tell anyone the location of your honey holes. Lol Be safe out there in the water and around the virus. That goes for everyone out and about. Happy Hunting to All>

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Even set at ten yesterday I would get a false at the end of the swing right. 

Well that explains it pretty well about the noise between the two. I am running the Excalibur at 9-10 in pinpoint and it gets somewhat noisy with chatter mostly on uneven bottom. There is also the long dull noise at the end of some swings but I just deal with it. I am running the stock Minelab earphones but will soon be sporting some Tony E's. You sure are neck deep out there. When I wear a wet suit in the winter it's almost impossible for me to dig those deep targets when that deep. I become too buoyant and need a weight belt. Thanks for the video... Bob

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Thanks Buddy! I have had a few in the last 7 years, one even had green yarn. But the bandaid seems to had been the thing to do...see if I can find the picture of the green yarn one..

Ok while looking for the (green yarn) I found a few more, most bandaid sizers..but also a legit real gold sizer which I sold..for a good amount of money ..

Looks like your right, I am a KOB also.. 🙂

315865_1.jpg

20190713_225753.jpg

21a.jpg

RD91.jpg

Are you sure that's not swamp moss on that ring ? Amazing ring sizer with the spring. I have never seen one of those. Is that gold also ? The few rings I find out here have some kind of tape or dental floss. This is telling , because obviously the ring is too big for the wearer. I wish more people would buy oversized rings so they can "grow" into them. Or should I say "grow out" of them !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, South Padre Treasure said:

Thanks Joe for the video! My main beach still closed due to the virus. What the media is not telling anyone is here living on the Texas and Mexico Border is, the hospitals in Mexico are filled with Covid-19 patients  and have run out of oxygen. They are letting people that are sick come over and admit themselves to our hospitals. In return our numbers went sky high and wont come down. The hospitals stated by law we cannot refuse service to anyone.

Due to my job i am in the emergency rooms where all these sick people are all over the valley and i can see with my own eyes hallways are full, rooms are all full. they have opened up large convention centers it has become so bad. But yet they still let a bingo hall open for business with about 150 to 200 people inside. The people in charge down here have figured out the more sick people the more funding and money that will be thrown at them. Believe me the corruption outdoes the virus 2 to 1.

So i cannot hunt my beach so I will have to tag along with you Joe through your videos, hope you dont mind the company. I Promise I Will Not tell anyone the location of your honey holes. Lol Be safe out there in the water and around the virus. That goes for everyone out and about. Happy Hunting to All>

Very Welcome Sir and Thank You for your service. A very tough job to have in these times, Prays for you and the rest of the Hero's. Anytime just ask I will send you video's, I do capture most of the stuff on video, and only share now and then..

12 hours ago, okara gold said:

Well that explains it pretty well about the noise between the two. I am running the Excalibur at 9-10 in pinpoint and it gets somewhat noisy with chatter mostly on uneven bottom. There is also the long dull noise at the end of some swings but I just deal with it. I am running the stock Minelab earphones but will soon be sporting some Tony E's. You sure are neck deep out there. When I wear a wet suit in the winter it's almost impossible for me to dig those deep targets when that deep. I become too buoyant and need a weight belt. Thanks for the video... Bob

I think you will like the T.E. Headphones...They seem to be clearer and crisper on the audio then the Stock and GGA's. One advantige I have using the Skullies I make..You can hear the details which really adds to the Threshold. Good Luck!! 

7 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Are you sure that's not swamp moss on that ring ? Amazing ring sizer with the spring. I have never seen one of those. Is that gold also ? The few rings I find out here have some kind of tape or dental floss. This is telling , because obviously the ring is too big for the wearer. I wish more people would buy oversized rings so they can "grow" into them. Or should I say "grow out" of them !

Haha..No swamp grass. Just good old Yarn, I remember that was the thing in late 60's and early 70's..Girls used yarn..

Yes the fit all was gold except the spring which was brass or SS..been awhile since I sold it..got 40 dollars for it. Gas money.

7 hours ago, Elbert said:

Nice saves Joe and the ring is a beauty. Walker is one of my favorites.

El

Thanks Buddy, Hope all is good. I love all of the old silvers but your right, the barbers and walkers are very special. Luckly this is one of the better one's I've pulled.

• Like 1

OMG! Joe that rings a MONSTER! Great silver too.....CONGRATS & WTG!!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Aaron said:

OMG! Joe that rings a MONSTER! Great silver too.....CONGRATS & WTG!!!

Thanks Aaron! Honestly, that maybe the only reason I found it where I did, it being 11 grams, deep and in sand mix only. The excalibur hits deep on bigger gold rings, it's the ones that are smaller it is weak on once you get down deeper. 

Keep up the good work my friend! And Good Luck if you get out...

3 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Thanks Aaron! Honestly, that maybe the only reason I found it where I did, it being 11 grams, deep and in sand mix only. The excalibur hits deep on bigger gold rings, it's the ones that are smaller it is weak on once you get down deeper. 

Keep up the good work my friend! And Good Luck if you get out...

Hi  Obn.How many pieces  of gold have you found this year that were under 2 grams.    Out  of the  13 gold I have found 6  are 10k for sure and one is rose gold and unmarked that are under 2 grams.  I call all10k gold  under 2 grams with no stones or cheap stones pop corn gold  as they are a snack until something better comes along. Chains and stud earrings are not included here for they are in there own category  because  of how tough they are to find.Maybe I need to come to your bay for the big stuff. I could be a lookout for you for the bull sharks.

• Like 1

Really wondering how many and what type of roots you have worked to get these finds!

Carry on and find more!

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 7:27 PM, Compass said:

Now there's a nickname that just might stick. 😉

Thanks Buddy, I would like that name for sure I just have to keep hitting the Bigger one's.

16 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

Hi  Obn.How many pieces  of gold have you found this year that were under 2 grams.    Out  of the  13 gold I have found 6  are 10k for sure and one is rose gold and unmarked that are under 2 grams.  I call all10k gold  under 2 grams with no stones or cheap stones pop corn gold  as they are a snack until something better comes along. Chains and stud earrings are not included here for they are in there own category  because  of how tough they are to find.Maybe I need to come to your bay for the big stuff. I could be a lookout for you for the bull sharks.

We have close to 80 beaches in the Bay, most are closed now but offer some kind of treasures.  What sizes and styles of gold I dig is based on locations. Seems beach's back years ago were more segregated. Also the time period and the wealth of the area has shown to affect what type of gold I find.

Just did a quick check on size, seems I have 7 that are under 2 grams....for the year.

Your more then welcome to visit, I've taken many hunters out the last 6 years. (Maybe 30+) And not to brag but only one has shown me he could find the gold I find....Mike Guard.....In fact both of us have learned from each other. And really I would have a hard time going to another body of water and finding treasure unless I did it on a regular bases or just pure luck. I feel knowing the beach's you hunt has a lot to do with how well one does. 

14 hours ago, RobNC said:

Really wondering how many and what type of roots you have worked to get these finds!

Carry on and find more!

Thanks RobNC!

Been detecting 12 years, about 6 years of it was Ocean hunting while I was still working. During those years I was researching the Chesapeake Bay.....then once retired I left the Ocean and started using my research of the bay. Been hunting and Learning the Bay 6 years now .....the only problem is being in the right spot, and as the old saying goes...One door closes and another opens. It's up to me to find it...I feel I have the best combo for the job.. 4 modified excal's....and the AQ...Then add Being Very Blessed in many ways.. ..I could not ask for more.

• Like 3