2 Days Beach Hunting With AQ And GPX - Finally!

So the tides were decent enough on my days off to try again for some gold with the AQ or GPX. Since my beaches will not relent with the sanding in, I decided to try another strategy. Day one was split between the AQ for low tide and the GPX for deep silver. With the beach heavily sanded at low tide, all I could do was get some junk jewelry with the AQ. The GPX scored 3 silvers using the monster 18"DD Detech coil. It must have been a sight watching this guy struggle with that coil while holding a side stick and a big spade shovel 😄 The GPX wins that day. But... Day two was raining, so the GPX loses by default ... tough luck GPX (needs to be waterproof, hint, hint) So all day long I used the AQ at another beach which has a decent low tide. But as usual around here, it was sanded in more than ever. Low tide produced very few targets, just 3 zinc cents, some small junk jewelry and bottle caps. It looked like a wasted trip. But I wandered around all over, from high to low tide looking for a break. I knew that the rings were out of reach by the level of the sand against a breaker wall, so I decided to look for small jewelry in hopes of finding a gold stud or even a charm. No luck until I hit a small slope. By this time I had put gold out of my mind and just wanted to dig for the rest of the day. I used the all metal mode exclusively, just to boost the number of targets. I did get a lot of iron and bottle caps but then it happened. I got gold!!!!! No, not Joe or Mitchel kind of gold, 🙄 but more like anything I can get will do gold. So a small prayer necklace pendant shows up. I could tell it was gold right away. 10k it is...my FIRST gold with the AQ. I could now relax. So I started to grid this area carefully and a little while later I got a hit and could see a small bit of the target I thought was going to be a small silver earring.  But it turned out to be a 10k diamond studded Ankh symbol. Looks like a cross with a loop at the top. It's used in ancient Egypt, representing the symbol of life. Gorgeous little piece and my SECOND gold with the AQ. I was in shock. So I start to look around as I am getting back up and about 3 feet from that target I can visually see pieces of a gold rope chain sticking out of the sand. In my moment of professionalism, I tried every combination on the AQ to better find chains......... Actually I just grabbed that thing as fast as I could 😂 So I haven't tried the AQ to see if it actually would pick the chain up or not. But technically not my THIRD gold of the day since it is .925 with 1/12 10K overlay. I think they call that Vermeil. My bad day turned real good, real fast. I hunted a while longer and called it a day.  Thank you AQ for hitting that first gold target and making me stay in that area!

PB130203.JPG

PB130195.JPG

PB130198.JPG

PB130201.JPG

Thank you for sharing the great news about your gold.  It is a good report. 

I got a bit of gold news today also.  I just paid for my AQ!

Mitchel

Great story and finds; congratulations!

You all need to include some beach pics in with the finds! You can edit out locations and landmarks! I personally just like to see your beach and surf conditions! The features of where your finds are coming from are helpful in beach reading! No matter what part of the world you may hunt!👍👍

Congrats on the gold and silver and good job on those small targets!

17 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Great story and finds; congratulations!

You all need to include some beach pics in with the finds! You can edit out locations and landmarks! I personally just like to see your beach and surf conditions! The features of where your finds are coming from are helpful in beach reading! No matter what part of the world you may hunt!👍👍

I don't usually show pictures of the beaches since competition here is fierce 😲 But the first beach has calm waters, so not much changes except for whatever the wind takes away or if a big storm pulls some sand away. The beach where the gold was found has some rough waves (by New England standards), so the beach changes somewhat a lot, especially after a storm or full moon. We don't get the big cuts around here, so no 3-6ft drops for us, but exposing rocks or clay is a BIG deal for us and usually leads to silver and gold.