My 1st Gold Of 2021

MinerJosh,  1st of all welcome to DP.  I can't give a Thumbs up as I ran out of them this morning, but you deserve one.

That is a fantastic 1st nugget of 2021 and I hope it is just the indicator of the remaining months to come.  If you mind me asking, what state is it from and your preferred weapon on this trip?

Thanks again for sharing/contributing and sure hope to see you on here more often my friend.

• Like 2

Both you guys got me beat...zippo for me until about April/May?  Bout time you made it over here Josh....!!!!

5 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Well it isn't a monster, but when you go to a site Lunk has detected, you usually get the Big-O.  I'm quite pleased with this little .6 gram gold for my 1st of 2021. 

Needless to say, I'm quite stunned that you were able to find the one nugget I saved for you out there, Gerry, and that you skunked the Lunk to boot!😀 Always a great time detecting with you, amigo.

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• The title was changed to My 1st Gold Of 2021
7 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I'm quite pleased with this little .6 gram gold for my 1st of 2021. 

That is a good start for this year, and I am sure that you will be adding to it before long.

Congrats and good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Minerjosh said:

Kicked this year off with 6.7 grammer found January 6th.

Sorry I ran out of likes, I think Steve is hoarding them, and wanted to tell you congrats on the nugget.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1

Well done. Great find. Great start to the year. This is not the way to start the year. I wondered a couple of years ago how did the old timers miss this big piece. Right next to some old diggings. The noise of the machine was fantastic. It was the hottest time of the year and produced lots of sweat. Lucky nobody was with me at the time as I had to vent my spleen. Dig everything I hear them say, cheers sturtIMG_20151002_121516_010.jpg.e24a65a85556da42b7de70350e50bdb8.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Part of being a detector dealer full time, it's hard to walk away from the shop, as it's usually not profitable.  But after Christmas, my sales sometimes slow down, so South I try to go.

As soon as I made plans, then everyone gets a $600 stimulus check and of course I missed out on a few sales.  Heck, I can't win a break.  Anyway, the trip was a go and the flight down was easy (other than wearing a mask the entire time).

Well it isn't a monster, but when you go to a site Lunk has detected, you usually get the Big-O.  I'm quite pleased with this little .6 gram gold for my 1st of 2021. 

Great weather (so much better than Idaho), fantastic friends/food and of course a few treasures were brought home.

What has been your 1st gold find from 2021.  Would enjoy seeing some shiny stuff in the sun while I'm back in the shop in Idaho.

9 hours ago, Minerjosh said:

Hi I'm new to the forum. I just did a post in the meet and greet. I thought I'd start here with showing you my first gold of 2021. It's also my best nugget ever. Kicked this year off with 6.7 grammer found January 6th. It was a lonely chunk all by itself hanging out in a trashy neighborhood.

Both of you got nice coarse ones, great start for 2021. 👍

• Like 1

It's funny when that happens to somebody else....lol  BTW...nice can!!!!  Sorry, couldn't help myself.......

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Lunk said:

Needless to say, I'm quite stunned that you were able to find the one nugget I saved for you out there, Gerry.

No wonder you told me to quit wining and go swing over by the cactus with the ribbon, 12" to the left of the 3 stacked rocks, right under the the .22 casing, which needed to be moved. 

• Haha 1