Pretty cool stuff....!!!!

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

A+B had an interesting texture. "Golden Hummingbird  Nest" ?

Actually A, B, and C are consider " bird nests" or crystalline wire gold specimens. Specimen D is consider a crystalline leaf gold specimen. Amazing what mother nature is capable of creating! Hopefully everyone clicks on the photos and use the magnifying tool.

• Like 3

Well done and displayed.  Specimens to nuggets and enhanced value in the process.  Have you had offers?

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Well done and displayed.  Specimens to nuggets and enhanced value in the process.  Have you had offers?

Hi Mitchel,

These specimens and some others I finished cleaning I have not tried to sell yet. My favorites are the wire gold specimens, but I was surprised when I had other gold specimens appraised by Collector's Edge, a high end mineral dealer in Golden, Colorado, that the leaf gold specimens are more valuable than the wire gold specimens. The wire gold specimens have so much character and I enjoy what each specimen reveals during the cleaning process.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By devilsrenegade
      I have been wanting to search this ballpark again and try to find some gold jewelry, so today I had the time and decided to give it a go. I brought the Simplex and was going to dig all targets intent on finding jewelry. I put the Simplex in park 2, iron volume off with all notches accepted and set the sensitivity at half. I ground balanced and started swinging. First target was a bottlecap, second a piece of canslaw and third was bam......10k gold band about 3" deep. I don't think I was there more than 5 minutes. The rest of the hunt was some clad and lots of pulltabs and bottle caps and a junk arrowhead pendant. I guess it was just good luck that got my coil over that ring so quickly in the hunt. The ring came in at just above nickel and weighs just over 2 grams.

• By oneguy
      Fri. hunt and one of my better hunts this season.  28 bits for a whopping 2.1g.....lol  But I'm having fun grinding em out, one bit at a time!!!!!

• By Smithsgold
      Moving Boulders to find more Gold Nuggets 
      We return to move a boulder that's been keeping me awake at night just thinking about what might be underneath it. This boulder is sitting on Bedrock just above the main flow of the river so it could be loaded with Gold !!!! I worked the crevice around it and pulled out a couple pickers and a lot of lead so lets see what's under that boulder. Detectors used Minelab SDC 2300 and the White's Gold Master V-Sat .
      SG 040

• By Skullgolddiver
      Not a lot of words here...I was Just doing my usual business trip downthere and luckily the camera had enough battery to capture the appearing fish...
      Enjoy!
      https://youtu.be/qP0ymoFlkHE
    • By mn90403
      I got an email today from Rare Gold Nuggets and it said:

A gold discovery in Russia of a gold nugget weighing in at over 22 pounds!   Here's a link to the article with pictures:   https://earth-chronicles.com/science/in-the-khabarovsk-territory-of-russia-found-a-gold-nugget-weighing-more-than-10-kilograms.html   Quite impressive! There have been a lot of big nuggets mined in Russia over the years. A couple years back there was a 15-pounder found in Siberia.   Here is a link with a picture of that one:   http://raregoldnuggets.com/blog/?p=1085     Lots of big, remote, relatively unexplored lands over there... I bet there will be other big nuggets found in the future.       

PO BOX 6794
      Boise Idaho 83707
      USA
    • By Rob Allison
      Hello All,
         I came across a really old Youtube video I made back around 2008 here in Arizona.  There are only a number of places in the last 25 years of metal detecting that I can say were honestly rewarding and worth all the effort to drag down a drywashing/vac-pac, set it up and run it all day or weekend.  This happen to be one of those locations where we found a number of very rough gold nuggets using metal detectors, but the amount of smaller pickers and fine gold was unreal.  
      Practically ever nugget my partner and I dug up, we saw a half dozen or more small pickers and a good amount of fines.  You honestly don't find this too often, but they are out there and it does happen.  We worked the small gully (as seen in the video) for several weekends, getting whatever we could metal detecting with a VLF and PI's.  We then started down lower in gully and drywashed/vac from side to side, digging all the cracks and crevices up the best we could.
      The wash wasn't too long, nor very wide, maybe 3-4 foot in the widest spots.  However, after about 2-3 weekends, we had the entire gully down to bedrock and ended up removing about 3 ounces of very small nuggets, pickers and fines.  I believe we did so well due to the nature of this type of gold being very crystalline in nature.  The source was probably weathered away as we never were able to locate any type of real vein or source.  
      Overall, with all the gold, fines and gold nuggets, we ended up with about 6 ounces of really nice placer gold.  There are hundreds, if not thousands of these locations still to be found, so a good metal detector can lead you into one of these hidden gems!  Heck, at todays gold prices, just over $1900 per ounce, that's a nice $11,400 payday.  It probably took about 5-6 days to recover it all.  
      Wishing you all a bedrock-gold rich gully.
      Rob