Testing A Few Gold And Ground Modes On An Undug 10 Gram Nugget - Video

Hey Jason,

Great stream of consciousness / technical curiosity reporting.

A really interesting mix of technical know-how combined with not worrying about going off into the weeds.

Like Lunk's reporting, this kind of experimentation produces interesting observations and field-tested, useable information that expands on the manuals starting points.

Thanks for taking the time to let us benefit from your willingness to mess with the settings.

Continued good hunting.

• Like 1

Correct, no booster just the WM12. I find it to be more than loud enough. I use a Rooster Booster on my 4500 and the WM12 is just as loud and has better sound quality IMO.

I did some more testing today, an undug 0.42 grammer which was the faintest real target I dug today and then a reburied 1.4 grainer (~0.09 grams) at 4.5 inches for a faint target and tested TH between 1 and 30. I'll upload a video tonight or tomorrow, but it's not too incredibly interesting this one. 

The TH at 1 is probably too low for most uses other than exploration or handling bad EMI. I'm settling in somewhere around 5-10 for prospecting/exploration and around 20 for patch cleaning (depending if I can run smoothing off or not) for my personal preferences after messing around with it a bunch.

Flak, I live in the weeds brother. Gold nuggets are more common than salient conclusions around my house.  :D

• Like 2