Do You Have A Four Legged Prospecting Buddy?

Jin-  the wife and I started adding up the costs that our dog Buddy was acquiring us the first year and it was around $2500 that included eating shoes..prescription glasses, a couch, a fractured leg,  his adoption fees etc...He is 7 years old now and I think we are getting close to 7K but I would not have it any other way...cheaper then my two kids thats for sure lol   Cute puppy you have there my friend...Enjoy 

strick

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi my name is Boomer! I'm 3yrs old and my owner thinks i'm a american staff./sharpei. 

boom1.jpg.687049fdca71f927ec20cbc6ab006f4d.jpg

I want to go prospecting really bad with my owner, he likes to dig rocks and i like to smell them. I don't think he'll let me go because he thinks i will smell this plant called a cactus and my mouth will end up looking like a angry porcupine.

I've begged to go...

boom4.JPG.96fa53f33e70273675373a2cefc001f2.JPG

Occasionally I sneak inside this motorized human buggy.

boom2.jpg.028a05f20e111df77f15cac775861476.jpg

I also got crazy and found my own buggy.

boom5.JPG.364480689067487ea3a8db56a73992f4.JPG

Yes Strick the cost can add up. We're at $3000 already that includes him and the cost to replace a library book he chewed yesterday. No doubt more damage will follow. As long as its not my car or detectors I wont be too upset.

I love those pictures

So many touching stories and memories of your 4 legged companions and even a few 2 fisted roos..

It just goes to show how attached we are to our loved ones and sometimes more than we realize.

My 4 legged partner is Hero.  He gets excited every time I put on my detecting cloths as he knows I'm about to head out into the field.  Most times he stays home to guard the place.  I do take him to Eastern Oregon so he can see his girlfriend (part wolf) on occasion.  he is a medium long coat full bred German Shepherd, so he does not care for hot days much.  Likes to stay in or around water.

Thanks for sharing everyone and I really enjoyed this post Steve.

20170116_153911.jpg

20160703_111817.jpg

20160529_154732.jpg

On 8/17/2019 at 11:47 AM, OregonGregg said:

Two of the best friends I have, they go every where with me.

20180902_112223 (2).jpg

IMG_20160422_080845.jpg

Nice looking companions.  Also a great Seated Silver save, is it an 1800's Seated Liberty half or Quarter?

Hi Gerry, we were down in Elko County NV last year. That's an 1853 Quarter. Was down with a few friends. Was the only coin I got on that trip. But it made me a happy camper. Up to that point, it had been awhile since I have snagged a nice silver quarter. It cleaned up pretty nice. Worn fairly good but still had some good detail. Found it with the Nokta Fors CoRe.

gregg