3d Printed Arm Cuff

TripleT

27 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

It would be kinda cool if the whole detector were that color.

Hmm...

😂

LOL!!!

Seriously though, VERY nice cuff, that your son made for you.  That's pretty cool.

Steve

blueshaft.jpg

Chase,

People seem to like adding color to their machines; I would have never thought...but I guess it makes sense, when you think about it.  It sort of "customizes" your machine, and sets it apart from others...sort of like a new set of rims on your car, or whatever.

That blue arm cuff is certainly eye-catching, and I really like how he printed the lettering on it.  

Perhaps your son is onto something there, TripleT?  Colored arm cuffs...

It's an interesting thought, that if a detector-maker caught on, and offered their control boxes in customizable colors, even if for a small "up-charge" over the standard black, they might stimulate interest amongst some customers...

Steve

Maybe we could also talk Jeff Herke into using anodized aluminum in his armrests, in colors other than  black!🌈🌈 lol

And i don't think spray paint on the coil is out of the question! Just don't us a metallic!!

Love that 3D cuff! Nicest one I've seen made!!

31 minutes ago, steveg said:

It's an interesting thought, that if a detector-maker caught on, and offered their control boxes in customizable colors, even if for a small "up-charge" over the standard black, they might stimulate interest amongst some customers...

That's been done in a way, with camo decorated models.  Fisher did it with the F19, for example.  And as you hypothesize, the camo models were more expensive ($50?) than the solid color version.  Unfortunately they started out with camo only.  When I bought my first 21st century detector (Gold Bug Pro) I strongly considered getting an F19, then only available in camo, but just couldn't handle the decoration.

It's a good point, GB_Amateur.  I forgot about the camo variations offered by Fisher, on some machines.  I even think they did a pink camo  on one of them, if I am not mistaken.

Yes, colors are NOT for everyone.  Some love them, while some -- like you -- were turned off by the idea (at least in terms of a camo pattern).

Steve

I bought an F19 in Camo. Didn't like the Camo at first but the detector offered what I wanted at the time. The Camo grew on me, and after awhile I actually started liking it. Only Camo thing I've ever had I think.

That's a really nice arm rest. Very cool that your son made that for you.👍