Idaho Gold....it's A Secret.... No More

Most of you are aware of gold being found with detectors in NV, CA, AZ, AK and even OR or WA on occasion.  But the majority (including many who live here in this geological wonder of a state) do not know much about or detect for the elusive Au in Idaho.   So I've decided to share a Holiday Special with you, as it is Golden as glee can be.  This little glimmer of Au comes in on my postal shipping scale at 1 pound 5.7 ounces = approx 22 oz which is then turned (if my math is correct) to 20 ozt.  I did not get a specific gravity test done, but can assure you this astonishing mosaic is about 97% Au.

History of this discovery.  I'll not provide the name of the finder or site for security purposes.  It was found with the Eureka Gold and I know many good pockets of wire gold came from the area.   it was unearthed at a location already mined and was missed by the old timers.  It is one of the biggest pieces of Idaho gold I myself has ever seen, but I have heard of larger pieces coming from the area.

To put a twist on it and to add some beauty to this post, I'd love seeing some of your Idaho Au diggings.  No worries about size, value or other as I would (and I am sure many others) enjoy seeing some more Idaho gold.

DSCN6670.JPG

DSCN6658.JPG

DSCN6663.JPG

dscn6680.jpg

• The title was changed to Idaho Gold....it's A Secret.... No More

So, Gerry, your telling me there is detectable gold somewhere in Idaho. I already figured that. Can you narrow it down any? How about northern or southern Idaho? 🙂 (I'm hoping for southern,  as it's the only areas I get to)

8 hours ago, Glenn in CO said:

What an outstanding wire good specimen, congrats to the finder and thanks for sharing!

Glenn,  Colorado is kind of like Idaho.  Stunning geology with great gold, but hardly unknown to most folks.  I know your research has produced some amazing finds as well.  One of these days, you'll need to post some of those Colorado Picasso's.