1st Gold Of 2020

Hello to all was was away in Vietnam for 3 weeks weeks eating and discovering the country but the crave for beach combing pushed me to schedule all my shifts straight at work then head to the coast.

A Strom is battering the UK at the moment but i wasn't really interested in that i had my eyes on a beach which i think has been ignore for a while......not a really good access as the road isn't maintained and i dont have a 4x4 so i need to be careful if i dont want to leave most of my car there😅

So i took my  nox which i swap for my CTX in January and headed to the spot at 5 am.

Signals started straight away with big lump of brass, then i started to pick up fishing weight one after another then i hit Gold with this nice 9ct 4.45gr alas 9ct.....😪

Then few holes later my DIY unbreakable shaft broke but i brought a super dupa spade so i headed to the car and after a water refill(Was sweating despite the strong winds and low temp) i carried for another 2 hours finding the biggest anti aircraft shrapnells i ever found ,imagine been hit by that.The fishing weight are apparently 70/80s.....and the deus shaft you see on the picture of the broken shaft was actually the one i put inside to reinforce 

Anyway please find the result in picture,i think that that beach has much to offer will try to do another or two long session with the Nox then i will hit it with the PI.....if i succeed it will means 1 thing...my tenacity has paid off or maybe i am just getting to know the beaches better..............

Enjoy

RR

thumbnail-1.jpeg

thumbnail-2.jpeg

thumbnail-4.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail-3.jpeg

That beach will keep you busy!

Well done.

9 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

i hit Gold with this nice 9ct 4.45gr alas 9ct.....😪

Still ~$84 worth of gold content at today's spot price.  Blot that tear!

9 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

...finding the biggest anti aircraft shrapnells i ever found...

Wow, you know your beach trash!  I assume WWII?  I don't think anyone's been shooting more than words at England since then....

52 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Still ~$84 worth of gold content at today's spot price.  Blot that tear!

Wow, you know your beach trash!  I assume WWII?  I don't think anyone's been shooting more than words at England since then....

Yes lots of shrapnel's from anti aircraft coming to bomb London and the are air base no too much dog fights remains I am afraid maybe one day I also been told there is a target pratice in the area with 100s of bullets..................but it is on that beach that I found the 13th century hammered coin so it may have more .................I asked a local detectorist and he told me there was no one in the vicinity well I found one...........but that was with a pulse.

RR

Great finds and wish you luck on your next hunt.

Regis,some tremendous finds me old mate,well done and that new shaft setup that you have just made looks very good.