Another Trime

Bit of low water at the town water supply, can't wade there but had some shorline to poke around. Tough with all the rocks they added to combat the erosion taking my time payed off. Should be more to pick out amongst the sinkers, miserable 22 casings etc. Used the Makro Gold Racer for this hunt. I like the stable id's and smooth threshold, ground is all over the place from 20's-80's and lots of natural iron.

62188382496__94BE858A-42BD-43D1-824F-A44103BEB53B.JPG

IMG_1232.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

IMG_1234.JPG

IMG_1235.JPG

Nice!  Our tiniest USA coin.  What was the digital TID reading, and how deep was it?  Also, what was the coil size?

I just noticed looking in the Red Book that they actually made two compositional varieties, yours being the earlier, 75% silver version weighing a mere 0.80 g.  That was only 1851-53.  After that they were 90% silver, but dropping to 0.75 g.  I wonder how the two vary in TID's.  Your title says 'another'.  (You lucky dog!)  If you still have the other one(s), are they also Type 1?

4" down in hard pack sand and gravel. TID on the gold racer was a 73-74 stock 5x10, checked it against my Multi Kruzer in normal scale (14khz) and TID was very irradic 40-48 stock 8x11. I suspet the higher frequency machine is more reliable on the tiny stuff.

I need to check in my box of stuff thought my other was an 1854 I forget if so that would the same type correct?

One of my bucket listers, Nice One!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Previous Trime was 1852. Had to dig through my box that had everything sorted chronologically (newer finds tossed on top of previous finds) :)

On 9/19/2020 at 4:56 PM, GB_Amateur said:

Nice!  Our tiniest USA coin.  What was the digital TID reading, and how deep was it?  Also, what was the coil size?

I just noticed looking in the Red Book that they actually made two compositional varieties, yours being the earlier, 75% silver version weighing a mere 0.80 g.  That was only 1851-53.  After that they were 90% silver, but dropping to 0.75 g.  I wonder how the two vary in TID's.  Your title says 'another'.  (You lucky dog!)  If you still have the other one(s), are they also Type 1?

Does the $1 gold coin not count for the tiniest USA coin (I guess if you go by weight that’s different)! The type 1 measures 12.7 mm and the type 2 is just a little bigger than the Trime at 14.3 mm.

Kac — Congrats on an awesome coin.

13 hours ago, The Seeker said:

Does the $1 gold coin not count for the tiniest USA coin (I guess if you go by weight that’s different)! The type 1 measures 12.7 mm and the type 2 is just a little bigger than the Trime at 14.3 mm.

Good point and I stand corrected.  I guess I forget about gold coins since I've never found one.  😪