Paul's Insanely 'Not Hot' Smooth Settings...

Well they say,

"Even a blind squirrel will pick up an acorn every now and then..."

Finally got my first 7000 fatty today!

Seems like once I disregarded Chris Porter's pointy finger and got lost, I finally got one.

This is the same one who lets me borrow his extra battery, ferrite ring, and feeds me spaghetti for supper...

Here you go...this is a weird one and maybe that's why no one got it yet....

By the way, I was having a hard time with noise over the damp salt and desert pavement, but I remembered I had printed out Lunk's settings so I thought I would give them a try... Within 5 minutes I got this nugget.....coincidence???...

This was on a hammered club claim so what do you think my settings were for the rest of the day..

PS I have Steve's settings printed out too, but there was no way I could use them here, it was just too noisy already....

Thx everyone..

Paul

4" deep, damp ground, in a clod, .75dwt

post-420-0-97052600-1449459454_thumb.jpgpost-420-0-39350600-1449459502_thumb.jpgpost-420-0-06770000-1449459548_thumb.jpgpost-420-0-12833500-1449461473_thumb.jpg

Cleaned it up a little with some salt and vinegar

post-420-0-09747900-1449517328_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-87459200-1449517367_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-46497500-1449517388_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

You beauty, the spaghetti didn`t work obviously, didn`t slow you down at all. :)

WTG Paul.

Sweet nugget, Paul. I'm glad those settings worked for you in the damp salt environment. Was it a fairly obvious target response when you first hit it?

Yeah thanks for the settings...

To be honest it must have been sharp enough to catch my attention...I had been detecting for awhile and I was kinda zoned out...When I went oooops, What was that...

But it wasn't as sharp as some I have heard, it was more of a broad signal, until I scratched it a bit...then it started acting more like a nugget... I changed the settings and tried it with normal ground and it was just crazy ...acting like everything was a target..

I jacked up the sensitivity too...bad idea I list it in the noise..

So it was a good learning day for me....

I will tell you I had a hard time putting audio smoothing on high..... Lolol

You can tell by the picture it is a weirdo nugget...I m afraid it will fall to pieces when I put it in the acid ....

• Like 1

But it wasn't as sharp as some I have heard, it was more of a broad signal, until I scratched it a bit...then it started acting more like a nugget... I changed the settings and tried it with normal ground and it was just crazy ...acting like everything was a target..

I jacked up the sensitivity too...bad idea I list it in the noise..

So it was a good learning day for me....

I will tell you I had a hard time putting audio smoothing on high..... Lolol

A good lesson indeed, and the best way to learn...by trying different settings on an undisturbed target...as you did. Even a mellow signal is far more distinct and easy to hear when the ground response is compensated for, than a sharp signal that is lost in the cacophony of ground noise produced by running hotter settings.
  • Like 3