The Odd Finds Of Night 2

mn90403

After my success at the beach the night before I was ready for another 'bite' of it.  Conditions were almost the same with all new sand and targets minus a few I found the day before!  haha  Now that I knew targets should still be there again I went with the tide down as far as I could go until near the hard pack.  As you can see it was another productive hunt.  This time someone showed up and 'infringed' on my hunting style but I adapted.

I still got 47 quarters, 55 dimes, 19 nickels and 28 pennies in addition to a couple of the most unique finds for me ever.  I was on a slow grid to get everything that sounded with the 15" coil.  To do that the coil speed has to be slower in order to get the 8" plus 10s to be loud enough to dig.  This has been part of my learning curve with the 15 on the beach.  At one time I thought of it as 'finicky' but now I know that was mostly my impatience and not the coil.

Any way here are the finds.

IMG_8942.thumb.JPG.3b8d1e41d5e1fdc6394df7d211690780.JPGIMG_8943.thumb.JPG.c5c5ce6ea647ce7ed39a6b65834d0347.JPG

As you can tell it was another 'good' ring night as far as the count goes but most silver and only one gold.IMG_8944.thumb.JPG.af6191e9a0e7216f439bae5c54f3b03b.JPG

The silver rings total 8.5 grams.

IMG_8945.thumb.JPG.87abc71f34a2ad46c7f3989ebfa096a4.JPG

The gold items were a Jesus pendant at 4.4g/14k and the 1.3g/14k ring.  Now for the 'unusual' stuff.

Early in the session I had dug a deep mostly negative target.  It was down 14-15 inches.  It turned out to be the rust covered crescent wrench.  Later on while working slow I got a little 10ish signal and it kept dropping through my scoop.  When I looked at it I could hardly believe what I was looking at.  A tiny crescent wrench!

IMG_8949.thumb.JPG.ff80cf886d5ef2304ffa80c8cd1e6ecf.JPG

It is not a working wrench but who could believe I find a .84 gram wrench by itself.

IMG_8948.thumb.JPG.b263c726329718f32f2a34d0f617c5e4.JPG

Another thing I found was a silver chain that weighs 6.3g.

IMG_8950.thumb.JPG.fcd03dfef0310079cedc16c3774fd720.JPG

To top off the session I had gotten another '10-11' and it was dropping through my scoop also.  When I finally got it in my hand I couldn't really believe what I was looking at.  It was a gold nugget!

IMG_8947.thumb.JPG.c4bcfb62f530ca59a4b78bc1ffbece6e.JPGIMG_8946.thumb.JPG.4a789874e87694f7170fcd9ce80f4acb.JPG

How could I explain this?  Was it a part of a jewelry piece?  No, it wasn't solid and then it hit me.  It was gold and it was from a tooth.  It also had the hollow on one side.  The waves had kicked out a 'nugget' that weighs .73g and I found it with the 15" coil.

So those were two really odd finds with very similar ID.

I attempted one more hunt on the beach but there was a squadron of detectorists on it.  I consider this session to have given up 7 more rings for a total of 17 in two days.  It is my best beach.

Mitchel

• The title was changed to The Odd Finds Of Night 2

Great 2 day hunt. I'm assuming conditions have changed or are you hiding hunt #3 from us? 😄

Well the crescent wrench is probably a sign that in the beginning of the season you were adjusting more than you are now. Now you maybe entering a new level of detecting, may the low tones be with you! 🤠

Day three I distracted myself with another beach on the outgoing tide and the conditions there were nothing to write about.  I tried to correct the 'mistake' but it was too late.  I'll have to wait for another 'energy event' to replenish the beaches again.

Skull knows what I mean.

18 hours ago, mn90403 said:

To top off the session I had gotten another '10-11' and it was dropping through my scoop also.  When I finally got it in my hand I couldn't really believe what I was looking at.  It was a gold nugget!

I have seen gold like that from teeth and was going to let you know what it was, then I read that you had figured it out.

Great hunt and many more in your future!

Great finds again Mn,

That gold "nugget" may have been from cremains, and a sea burial! I have found the numbered stainless steel tags, and an amalgam bridge before! I just glue the tags to beach rocks, and throw them back in the ocean! But, i would not do that with a gold crown!😁👍👍

When my brother inlaw and I was getting ounces of old 18ct rings upto our waist in the beach, he found  these teeths made from gold sovereigns. They were not a matching pair.

teeth1.JPG.45b528c3ae559a71b2cb2b1b614e78fc.JPG 

2 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Great finds again Mn,

That gold "nugget" may have been from cremains, and a sea burial! I have found the numbered stainless steel tags, and an amalgam bridge before! I just glue the tags to beach rocks, and throw them back in the ocean! But, i would not do that with a gold crown!😁👍👍

Good idea on the tags.  I haven't found any of them recently.