AQ Battery Life Question

My first time out all I got was 2.5 hours before the red flashing low batter light started to flash and sound off.

My second hunt was 2 hours went I called it quits due to weather. I then did batter check at the end of the hunt, the light was yellow assuming I had less than 30 minutes. left. So my second hunt would have lasted no more than 2.5 hours.

Here are my setting:  Volume 8, sensitivity 5 to 6, threshold 3-4, ATS 8, reject 6, mode was TONE, delay frequency 7.5 for an hour and 8 for an hour. 

I know the lower the delay frequency the more battery drain.

When I charge, it is full charge in 2.5 to 3 hours. I left it on for 5 hours just to be safe.

So my question is, what is your average battery life on your hunts?

1 hour ago, CCadrin said:

My first time out all I got was 2.5 hours before the red flashing low batter light started to flash and sound off.

My second hunt was 2 hours went I called it quits due to weather. I then did batter check at the end of the hunt, the light was yellow assuming I had less than 30 minutes. left. So my second hunt would have lasted no more than 2.5 hours.

Here are my setting:  Volume 8, sensitivity 5 to 6, threshold 3-4, ATS 8, reject 6, mode was TONE, delay frequency 7.5 for an hour and 8 for an hour. 

I know the lower the delay frequency the more battery drain.

When I charge, it is full charge in 2.5 to 3 hours. I left it on for 5 hours just to be safe.

So my question is, what is your average battery life on your hunts?

Both my stock batteries gave me 3.24 hrs each. I do not use them now though.  All metal mode will drain your battery faster than tone mode so yours does not sound right. The batteries do drain down a bit when just sitting so I would charge just prior to your hunt. Beechnut offers a couple of different batteries and set ups if your interested. I know it’s a shame on the stock battery performance but just remember to charge just prior to use. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

Both my stock batteries gave me 3.24 hrs each. I do not use them now though.  All metal mode will drain your battery faster than tone mode so yours does not sound right. The batteries do drain down a bit when just sitting so I would charge just prior to your hunt. Beechnut offers a couple of different batteries and set ups if your interested. I know it’s a shame on the stock battery performance but just remember to charge just prior to use. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

I charged the batteries the 'day of the first hunt" , and a couple days before today's hunt. Today's hunt I did not use the 'all metal mode' at all. It was strictly TONE.

OBN has me on the list for a large battery setup.

A

The two stock batteries I have do not perform quite the same. One is consistent at about 3 hours 10 or 15 minutes the other one at about 2 hours 50 minutes to three hours. Not real far off, but consistently one battery is longer than the other.

I've never gotten even 3 hours of use on my stock battery. It's been cycled many times and still only gets 2.75 hours at the most before it goes dead. 

47 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I'm almost temped to cut one of those battery packs open and see what the heck is in them.

Definitely not like the batteries in my Tesla.