Watermain Break Leads To Gold And Silver

I haven't had a lot of time to post lately because work has been picking up, so I added some pictures of my favorite of my better finds.

So in my town there was a water main break last Friday and it shut down one of the main thoroughfare through town. I took the detour Saturday, and realized it took me past a park I had only detected once with the simplex. I hated this park because of intense emi, and few signals. There is no baseball backstop, no playground, no soccer goal, but every time I've driven past or stopped to watch, there has been someone throwing a ball for their dog.

All week I have been wondering how the new equinox would do there. After work, I stopped by and started working in the area where I seen the dog owners stand. Found a bunch of change, a bunch of pull tabs, but on the 12th to 15th signal I got a solid 17 that just sounded too good to pass up. I started digging thinking it was a bottle cap, and ok it popped the 14k ring. Very next signal 10 feet away was the 925 horse ring. It came in at 28-29 and I was thinking quarter the whole time. 

All the other finds have been since getting the equinox early February.

IMG_20210325_233654.jpg

IMG_20210325_233407.jpg

IMG_20210325_233749.jpg

IMG_20210325_234534.jpg

Nice finds. Sure was worth stopping there again! I'd make that spot a weekly hunt.

Well done.  My last 10k gold ring was an FG!

And here I was expecting the water main break washed out some silver and gold! You got me!!😂

Great finds nonetheless!! Keep it up!👍👍

I found a ring just like yours a couple of years ago. It was 14k, small, just fit my pinkie and wide like yours.  It also rang up a solid, smooth sounding 17 and weighed 5.65 grams.  Congrats on some nice finds!

B17343B3-E9BD-4BE3-9F31-9069A95082AF.jpeg