Three Somewhat Expected, But Again, Very Welcome Coins!!

Back at it again today,

But this time, I had a definite goal in mind! To intentionally try to squeeze out a few more old coins! And, oh yeah, to get rid of my now sore "detector legs" from Friday's somewhat short hunt! 

A little side note question first! Am I the only one getting sore legs; and other parts, when digging a bunch of targets at the beginning of a season, or long hunt?? Or are the rest of you just too "afraid" of what the rest of us will think, to mention it??.... No matter, I'm sore, and "Proud" of it!!🤣😂

Anyway,

I went out today with a more focused purpose, and more time to put it into action! Did about 5-6 hours today!

Same setup, with the Vanquish, and V8 coil! I more or less wanted to repeat the other days hunt, with a wider range of coins, and some added emphasis on finding some oldies, in some curb strips!

Our oldest neighborhoods are generally from the 1920's forward! And have had many roadwork and "beautication" projects, that have destroyed prime "old coin" hunting grounds! But you work with what you got!! So knowing that some of the "tree lined" streets still had their original trees, (i grew up here), I would focus on them for the oldies!! 

Between those, and general hunting of this park, adjacent to some of them, I should at least, be able to get a few shallower "older" coins!

My V8 park hunting produced plenty  more modern coins, as expected, and was good fun! But also, self-limiting, as that coil doesn't get the depth needed for those elusive oldies that may be there! The soil under the St. Augustine Grass here, tends to be very rich, and easy to dig, with lots of earthworms, so the coins get buried pretty deep, over the decades! Not unexpected, but i was jumping back and forth, from the strips to the park, so I kept the same coil on the detector the whole time! I also have the V10, and V12, so I will go back with those at some point, and test my theory! And of course, the Nox!!

So, to the Good Stuff!  One each from just beneath three different "parking strip" old trees! No deeper than about 6 inches, but hidden up against large tree roots! And thankfully, not grown into them!!

A 1942 Silver Merc!! 💖🎊 No nail board test from Monte this time!!🤣

Two 1919 Weaties!! 💕(Same date, two different trees; weird!!)

So now, I at least know that my theory; while producing only a few oldies; is actually sound enough to follow-up with, In future hunts! I can live with that!!

The rest of the hunt produced alot more pennies than I wanted to dig, thanks to two fairly large "penny dumps" in two separate curb strip locations! (Over 100!!🤯) I basically just sat there with my pinpointer, and located them till my legs got numb, and I had enough!!😂  Still more in both spots for another round! I guess there are non-detectorist that hate the pennies as much as we do!!🤣

A rough count puts it around 140 coins total! And I skipped alot of penny's, believe it or not!! So I'm "Tremendously Happy" with the 2 Silvers, and 3 older Wheats, over two days! They actually give me some hope for more now! Or maybe, those where the last two Silvers left in Florida!! So I can leave now!!🤣😂

20211003_193427.jpg

20211003_193326.jpg

20211003_193206.jpg

20211003_193029.jpg

• The title was changed to Three Somewhat Expected, But Again, Very Welcome Coins!!

Some great finds there, I really like the toy pistol.. must have been a wild neighbourhood in the 1920s.. 😃

Great hunting, and I bet your knees will feel it tomorrow. What type of bracelet was that?

Good luck on your next hunt and use something that will get a few more inches deeper for the really good stuff.

I don't get sore legs detecting often, I think because my legs are so sore from skiing I don't even feel pain in them anymore 🙂

You're rapidly becoming the coin king! That's a bucket load of coins, that would be a fun day.  The V8 will miss the deep stuff so when you go back you'll end up finding all the deep silvers with the V12 🙂

35 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great hunting, and I bet your knees will feel it tomorrow. What type of bracelet was that?

Good

Caleb, 

It was one of those rubber band type! I had a few sight finds along the way today! But zero jewelry!💍👍👍

30 minutes ago, phrunt said:

You're rapidly becoming the coin king

Naw!! Anyone with decent knees can do that any day! F350 is "coin king" right now, with his campground permissions! I'm just getting some KFC money!!🍗🤣👍👍

I get sore knees , elbows ,fingers , hips , back  , .......don't know if it's because I'm exercising worn out parts or I'm just old ...probably both. 

However it all seems to go away for a minute when I find something good !

So my plan is find something good in every shovel full....it looks like that plan would work really well for you on that hunt !!

Was planning on heading to Florida and do some hunting with ya but since you managed to find the last 2 silvers in that state I might as well stay here.

Nice Hunt!

I also found this yesterday! Thought it was a bullet casing at first!

Just cleaned it up, and did a search! It apparently was some kind of tiny perfume holder?? for a fragrance from Avon in 1970; Elusive!! 

No wonder they called it that, as this thing is tiny! It was probably part of a bottle at some point, as it doesn't open, and only has a tiny hole on the top! Still trying to figure out how it was used!! Maybe a little travel dauber? Any ideas??🤔👍👍

20211004_144254.jpg

20211004_144228.jpg

20211004_144158.jpg

20211004_144110.jpg