The King Of Detectors Has Spoken

8 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great hunting, now all you have to do is to repeat that about 10 more times to pay for the detector.

Good luck on your next hunt.

If I was wanting to pay for it, probably only 5 more times and those beauties would have it paid.

Truth with me be told, I'm more of "all about the trip", adventure, the food/people, comradery.  The gold is a bonus.

19 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

If I was wanting to pay for it, probably only 5 more times and those beauties would have it paid.

Truth with me be told, I'm more of "all about the trip", adventure, the food/people, comradery.  The gold is a bonus.

Great results Gerry! Though truth with me be told, it’s all about the gold. The other stuffs a bonus, that I can generally get better other places in my life. :smile:

When people say the gold does not matter, I ask, “why not go detect for copper nuggets.” Or coins in the park? You can get all the same adventure, camraderie, etc. doing many things. No, me, I like finding gold, plain and simple. It can be gold jewelry, that’s fine, but gold is what I like to hunt, and nothing else really floats my boat like digging a gold nugget of any size. If it’s by myself eating beans from a can, I’m loving it. Camraderie, good food, no gold… that sucks! :laugh:

31 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Great results Gerry! Though truth with me be told, it’s all about the gold. The other stuffs a bonus, that I can generally get better other places in my life. :smile:

When people say the gold does not matter, I ask, “why not go detect for copper nuggets.” Or coins in the park? You can get all the same adventure, camraderie, etc. doing many things. No, me, I like finding gold, plain and simple. It can be gold jewelry, that’s fine, but gold is what I like to hunt, and nothing else really floats my boat like digging a gold nugget of any size. If it’s by myself eating beans from a can, I’m loving it. Camraderie, good food, no gold… that sucks! :laugh:

I don’t know why, but I had a mental image of Golem saying “my precious” while reading your reply, Steve. 😉 But one look at Gerry’s shiny little hoard there and “why” becomes perfectly clear!  I’d feel the same way digging up one of those!  😄

There is nothing quite like finding a nugget ... of any size!

Ok Steve,   You do bring up a great point about detecting for gold.   Yes I hunt a variety of MDing styles and gold is one of my favorites.   Part of the reason I didn't mention, it's the challenge.  Finding gold nuggets with a metal detector is some of the hardest of metal detecting.  Chasing coins in a park and relics in a field is easy to me, and just not as challenging.  That's part of the reason I mentioned the comradory, food/friends.  Those rare occasions we all find gold in the isolate desert just makes that can of beans (better have bacon 🥓 in it)  taste so much better. 

Hey Gerry,

I have to give you all the credit in the world, you are the furthest from a "armchair" dealer for sure.  You are out promoting and using the Minelab GPX 6000 to it's fullest potential.  Congrats on the success at Rye Patch, some beautiful gold for sure.  

Rob

I’d go look for gold even if it was worth nothing, but I have to confess I like that it has a value, I like it a lot.😁 Gold has paid for an awful lot of new toys for me over the years including a LOT of metal detectors. 😝 (or is that Mental Detectors 😂).

It’s good to see a dealer not just ‘talking the talk’ but also ‘walking the walk’, every nugget a person finds is deserved IMHO even the ones that seem to just jump out at you. A bad day detecting is worth so much more than a good day at a regular job. 

JP

2 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Ok Steve,   You do bring up a great point about detecting for gold.   Yes I hunt a variety of MDing styles and gold is one of my favorites.   Part of the reason I didn't mention, it's the challenge.  Finding gold nuggets with a metal detector is some of the hardest of metal detecting.  Chasing coins in a park and relics in a field is easy to me, and just not as challenging.  That's part of the reason I mentioned the comradory, food/friends.  Those rare occasions we all find gold in the isolate desert just makes that can of beans (better have bacon 🥓 in it)  taste so much better. 

Actually I was just being a cantankerous old fart! And still am. JP saying he would hunt gold if it was worth nothing. No you would not JP! You be hunting silver nuggets, or platinum nuggets, or whatever, but not something worth nothing. I’m sorry folks, but I’m calling everyone out on this one. The fact gold has value is the prime driver, always has been for all of history. Buried deep in all of us is a desire to “strike it rich” and every nugget signal I get triggers that deep down “maybe this is the big one” bell. Sure, I like digging nuggets of every size, but I’d be lying if I did not say that every outing I’m hoping for the big one.

Now that’s not to say there are not plenty of people who just want to find a nugget, any nugget, and are willing to spend far more money than that nuggets worth to find it. But for every hobbyist of that sort, there are a hundred Africans trying to feed their family with their metal detector, and nearly every one of them hopes to make the big find, to strike it rich. It’s what drove the people from the east coast to travel across the U.S. to California in the 1800s, that drove the Australian gold rushes. That’s what is coursing through our veins, that drive to find gold, and the dream of making the big score it represents. Or it sure is what is driving me, at least. And I can’t imagine anyone looking for gold nuggets, even the most casual hobbyist, not hoping they will be the lucky one, swing that coil, and dig that monster nugget! The hope lurks in all of us, realistic or not.

I don’t know, maybe it’s unseemly to be saying it, as I’m a rare one to spit it out, but darn right, the price of gold and what that nugget is worth does matter to me. If gold was $10 an ounce, I’d probably be coin detecting instead. Some of those old silvers bring a nice buck……. :smile:

5ECA280C-98CC-48BB-A648-1143139D00FB.jpeg