Half Price Sale Is It Worth It ?

Skate  

I too had a family member just like your uncle but I can assure you that this old boy is not that way .

One thing about my wife she has not said a word about me buying metal detectors. On the other hand I thought the Amazon van that’s most of the time is parked in front of my house we own. I found out that’s not true they are making delivery to my wife.

I guess you could say we both let that sleeping dog lie.

Owning something sometimes is just as much fun as using it .

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Skate  

I too had a family member just like your uncle but I can assure you that this old boy is not that way .

One thing about my wife she has not said a word about me buying metal detectors. On the other hand I thought the Amazon van that’s most of the time is parked in front of my house we own. I found out that’s not true they are making delivery to my wife.

I guess you could say we both let that sleeping dog lie.

Owning something sometimes is just as much fun as using it .

Haha! Here I was thinking that I was the only one who owned their own Amazon van. I hope you get your Deus II soon and any other item you wish! I look forward to seeing the treasure you uncover with it.

It sounds like you have a Proverbs 31 wife. You are blessed as am I with one. 

7 hours ago, abenson said:

It's fun to watch all the testing that's going on with the new machines. But it doesn't answer all the questions for me as to which is the best, I'm going to have to get them out and decide for myself. Everyone has their own hunt styles, sites, soil types and target types that differ from everyone else. Watching someone do a depth test in mild soil tells me nothing about my soil, which is very mineralized. Watching someone do an elevated iron and coin separation test also tells me nothing about my sites and the targets that are located in them. Yes it gives me a good idea of how machines perform as I have done the same on some of my videos. But in the end I think each person needs to decide on the features that are most important to them when making a buying decision.

I don't dive or even hunt in the water much, so waterproof means nothing to me. although it is nice to have some rain protection. I also don't coin hunt parks much, so stable target ID also has little use. If I get a non-ferrous signal I dig with a full size shovel no matter what the ID is. I hunt Military relics, ghost towns, gold nuggets and do some wet sand beach hunting. Really the only things that matter to me with the new machines coming out is will they pernitrate my mineralized soil, do they have fast recovery and can I get a small coil for them. So at the moment both the Legend and the Deus 2 interest me for different reasons. But until I can get them in the sites I hunt, I'm not sure they can fully replace the detectors I currently use which are the GPX 5000 (Which I know that's not happening) the Deus 1 and the Equinox 800.

I'm with you.  I learned the hard way that the only way to really know is take the Pepsi challenge.  A field test in inert Florida soil for example is great if that's what you hunt, but for those of us with tough and ever changing soil conditions boots on the ground and time in the field is really the only way to know.  I have some tough sites, heavy alkali soils, super mineralized, red clay, salt water beaches, iron pits, you name it.  For a machine to get a pass from me it has to be able to competently hunt all of these types of sites and overcome their challenging conditions.   SMF seems to be the best equipped to handle this jack of all trades role as has been evident by the next gen SMF detectors.

14 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

As I watch all the videos on the Legend and the Deus 11 I’m just wondering were I really want to spend my money.

The Legend it being half the price of the Deus 11 I don’t have to sell anything. My kids knowing I was thinking about buying another detector gave me cash for Christmas. The only problem I’m having on watching all the videos on the Legend I’ve seen more excitement in a funeral home over a dead body than I have it .

Here you got the Deus 11 twice price and I have to sell my soul ( Talking about my Nox 800 that I bought just lately it being the third one) that being my Nox I’d have to take a hit on to buy the Deus 11.

At this point I’m just watching videos because that’s what is going to sell me not the difference in price. So far the videos that Calabash is making is winning on the Deus 11 and he could sell someone at the North Pole a refrigerator if nothing else a ice chest. The main thing with Calabash he’s all do show and tell. Come hell are high water he’s got you with him.

I don’t want something just some better than my Nox. I want something that stands out from any detector I’ve had in the past. If it can’t do that then Nox you’re not going anywhere.

Sitting on a picket fence is starting to hurt so if you see my Nox for sale you know I got off of it.

Chuck 

Chuck,

You and I both have a detector in our arsenals, at least I think you still have it, that may be redundant to and possibly inferior to what I think the Deus II is going to be in hot ground.  It happens to be at just about the same price point as the Deus II (new).  

At least two prominent members of this forum have also owned this detector, liked what it could do well, but realized it was a very niche performer in the areas it excelled (salt beach and highly mineralized dirt) with limited capabilities outside its wheelhouse and some genuine flaws including a finicky tuning process and a very limited, fixed tone ID configuration.  Those members have both since parted ways with that detector.  

I am hopefully going to be able to get my hands on the Deus II soon to confirm it will beat that niche detector in hot dirt or at least get about 90% of the reliable non-ferrous detection depth of that detector (currently that detector kills Deus I in hot dirt with ease and often beats Equinox).   If I confirm this, as expected, the niche detector will be ending up in the classifieds and seeking a new home (as well as ORX and my original Deus 1 backup rig).  Life is too short and space is too precious to think about hanging onto a detector that is both expensive and limited in what it does well.  Despite my admiration and respect for the unique and innovative aspects of the design of this niche detector and the designer himself - I am really starting to place a lot of value on versatility and ergonomics/weight/balance over raw performance because raw performance is really not a big differentiator when comparing the latest mid to high end induction balance machines. 

So Chuck, hopefully you’ve figured out the machine you might want to consider selling to help finance and make room for your new D2.  Hint, it is not your Equinox.  HTH.

Chase  

I do hear you loud and clear on what you’re saying and I really appreciate your input. I’m not jumping on something until I’m sure it would be the best for me. It’s way too early to think of buying anything at this time.

Thanks again for your reply!

Chuck