** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

5 hours ago, Hard Prospector said:

Entertaining read,  very much enjoyed the ride. Story's based on actual accounts are nothing new over the years, Hollywood is full of such movies.  I appreciate the effort put into this.......thanks

Many thanks.

SEPTEMBER 22   1936     Part Three

I stepped back and watched as John slapped the guy across the face and told him to fight. This hooligan wanted no part of it but John smacked him again and the rif raf was spitting blood now. I told the guys at the bar to stay out of it. Dutch and Jacob were guarding the front door to keep anyone from coming in or out. The hooligan decided to take a swing at John but it missed. He took another one which John blocked.The guy cursed and tried a third which he telegraphed and John slipped it by moving his head. Then John drilled a nasty gut punch into him and the guy was down and gasping for air. John came downward with a right hand that caught him on the side of his face and I heard teeth break. John told him to get up but he wasn’t able to so John put a boot to him and walked away. We were all watching the bar to make sure no one else was going to go after John but they had no bad intentions. I went over to the bar keep and gave him more than enough money to cover any damages. Dutch was friends with him and told him not to get the law. I heard a few guys at the bar saying we must be the rough crew of miners up on the mountain they had heard about. We went back out to my truck and threw the two tied up hooligans off the bed and onto the parking lot. I told them what we had done to their pals in the bar. I told Jacob to untie the one that wasn’t beat up. He started cursing and saying we were all going to pay for this. He spit in the general direction of Dutch. Dutch never said a word but he poleaxed him square in the face with a nasty right hand. The guy staggered backwards and went down on the parking lot with a thud. He was out cold. Dutch dragged him over against the wall of the tavern and we told his buddy to make tracks or he'd get the same. That was it and we all drove back to the mine. We told Will and Hudson about it and they said they wished they had been there to see it. I had a bruised hand and John was fine, Dutch said it was the best bar fight he’d seen in years. John just laughed and had a drink. We all joined him.

TO BE CONTINUED ...................

That must have been behind a old long gone saloon.

1 hour ago, maxxkatt said:

That must have been behind a old long gone saloon.

Yeah, it was called, "Jed's Place"! :oregonian_winesmiley:

To those that remain as followers of the journal - remember the ending is still to come. As I promised, I will continue to post until the dramatic ending and beyond to a second season. Also remember, the journal, although fiction, is based on a real gold strike on this ground. I think we have shed the tag alongs and now the true fans remain. Cheers, GM.

3 minutes ago, Mike_Hillis said:

Thanks.   Look forward to your return.

HH
Mike

Thanks Mike. Besides making my book by hand one volume at a time I will also be writing my true adventures on this mine and posting. Thanks for reading.