Testing The XP Deus2 11" - Inland Hunting : Field Tests , Depth Tests Etc

palzynski

2 hours ago, relicmeister said:

I am enjoying your test postings very much. I wonder if  in addition to testing Park, you can test it in open fields using deep HC and relic modes in the near future. 

Thanks . The farmer has just plowed the field yesterday ( see pic below ) then I cant go back there before a few months  ... My next outing will be in a forest for deep coin hunting where I will try GENERAL , PARK , DEEP HC and RELIC ..

DSC00384.JPG

• Like 2

" I have now no doubt that the XP Deus2 is the best machine I have ever tested/used during 20+ years detecting, especially in the iron trash where I spend most of my detecting time ... 👍 🙂 "

I'm enjoying your review of the Deus 2 and thank you for all the work you have put into it...as someone that is still on the fence about getting this detector I rely a lot on what I am seeing written on the internet and watching videos as well... I already have a Nox 800 (4 diff coils) and a Deus 1 with 9" stock and HF coils both of which are tried and true detectors in my arsenal. I wound be interested to know why you think the Deus 2 is the best detector you have ever tested? 

strick 

• Like 3

On 3/5/2022 at 3:46 PM, strick said:

... I already have a Nox 800 (4 diff coils) and a Deus 1 with 9" stock and HF coils both of which are tried and true detectors in my arsenal. I wound be interested to know why you think the Deus 2 is the best detector you have ever tested? 

strick 

Because I dont see any major weakness with the Deus2 up to now :

1) it is very fast and excellent in the irons , even better than the Deus1 that was already a reference in the iron trash
2) it seems to go deep, deeper than the Deus1 ( I need to do a field test to confirm this ) 
3) it has a new and excellent optional SQUARE audio which is softer than the little 'scratchy" Deus1 historical PWM audio
4) it is by far the lightest SMF detector available at the moment , especially with the 9" coil

However this applies to my local conditions . Your local conditions in the US may be different with mineralized soil , EMI due to different power lines freqs etc ... The best thing for you would be to test the D2 before buying but it is not always possible ...

Just my opinion ...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6) BACK TO THE WOOD WITH THE P2 SENSITIVE MODE :
-----------------------------------------------------------

Eventually I decided to go back to the wood to spend a little more time with the D2 on the nail bed with the P2-SENSITIVE mode that I found excellent during my last outing .

As before , I decided to use the SENSITIVE factory mode just changing the tones to 5 TONES and the AUDIO to SQUARE.

As I said above the area is pounded and it is very difficult to find new targets here ..

I have spent a little more than one hour in the wood , keeping on learning the Deus2 SENSITIVE audio which is quite different from the Deus1 , especially when using the SQUARE audio.

I have found quite a lot of targets . There is now no doubt that the D2 can find targets in pounded areas and I like this  "super power" feature ...  🙂

My aim today was to find something older than the 5Centimes 1966 I found last time . Actually during the first hour I only found 1st WW trash and I was a little disappointed . Hopefully during the last 15 mn I found a very nice 25 Centimes 1914 and just after a thin medieval copper coin but very corroded . Not bad to find 2 coins in this irons mess ...

Conclusion the Deus2 has performed very well again here with this P2-SENSITIVE mode 👍 ✌️. Probably the FAST mode will be very good too , I hope I will have the time to test it before I send the D2 back to its owner  ...

Back in the wood and the nail bed :

DSC00412.JPG

A first coin , with the help of my Quest Xpointer Max pinpointer :

DSC00410.JPG

It is a nickel , a nice 25 Centimes 1914 :

DSC00421.JPG

DSC00423.JPG

A medieval copper coin , very corroded

DSC00411.JPG

8 PM , its time to go home , after a short pause at the little town center  ..

DSC00414.JPG

• Like 9

1 hour ago, palzynski said:

7) LAST OUTING WITH THE D2 11" - HUNTING DEEP COINS WITH RELIC- DEEP HC - SENSITIVE :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my last outing as I have to send back the Deus2 to its owner ( Chateau Numis MD shop -  France ).

I decided to go to a wood where I found several 18th Revolution and 19th Napoleon III coins a few years ago .  It was probably an old path that has disappearead and it is now a wood there ...

I tried first the RELIC mode , as it is the deepest on my bed test ( see thread page 1 : DEPTH TESTS WITH THE DEUS2 11" ).  However I just used it a few minutes because it is too noisy and almost unusable in the field for me.😕  It bangs on each iron , bad luck for me because I like silent detectors ... Second you need to continously look at the RC screen for the VDIs because the audio is only ALL METAL . btw I did not try the IAR audio disc as I am not convinced by this setting due to depth loss ...

Then eventually I preferred to switch to DEEP HC which is easy and fun to use in the field. I found a few targets with it , mostly 1st WW trash . Very good news as this area is pounded as I have already been here with an Equinox and a Vanquish 540 . 

As I was finding nothing interesting and as there are some irons in this area, I changed to SENSITIVE which is more reactive than DEEP HC . Just after the change I heard a faint but very clean high-pitched signal . I switched back to DEEP HC to hear the difference between the modes . The signal was a little stronger with DEEP HC then I would not have missed the target with it for sure ...

Eventually I dug the target which was a coin ... A splendid 5 CENTIMES Napoleon III 1862A bronze coin .. Incredible ... 🙂😹👍    Very interesting because I already found a very nice silver 1 FRANC 1859 in the same area last summer. Perhaps a coin spill ...I must come back here to investigate a little more 🙂 ...

It was time to go back home . Again the Deus2 has performed very well during this outing. What a great detector .. II am sure it will be a best seller despite its price ...  🙂✌️

A few pics :

DSC00010.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

DSC00017 (2).JPG

DSC00016 (2).JPG

Congrats Pal!  That coin is in fantastic condition!

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 1:03 PM, NCtoad said:

Congrats Pal!  That coin is in fantastic condition!

Thanks it is just slighly corroded  , it was time to bring it back to life ...🙂

Fantastic test write up and photos Alain!

Thank you very much for all of your work. I will need to read this topic several times before I can take it all in.

It is so interesting how each person has likes and dislikes. On Deus 1 my favorite and most productive modes are Pitch and Gold Field where I can hear every target in the ground and I learn a little about which targets to avoid. Disc IAR actually works fairly well even on a low setting for just slightly causing iron targets that are in range to have broken up tones.

Did you really like the Square audio?

Also, did you have a chance to do any testing with just the WS6 used as “Master” and how is the WS6 user interface?  

Do you still think just buying the WS6 Deus 2 Lite is a good option for mostly tone hunters?

I realize you had limited time for your testing and may not have had a chance to consider just the WS6 by itself.

thanks

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

It is so interesting how each person has likes and dislikes. On Deus 1 my favorite and most productive modes are Pitch and Gold Field where I can hear every target in the ground and I learn a little about which targets to avoid. Disc IAR actually works fairly well even on a low setting for just slightly causing iron targets that are in range to have broken up tones.

Thanks Jeff,  I will try DEEP HC with disc iar set to 1 when I have my own D2 and see how it goes ...

Did you really like the Square audio?

Yes it is a great plus of the D2 vs the D1 , I use it all the time now ... It is softer than the PWM audio while still very fast and reactive

Also, did you have a chance to do any testing with just the WS6 used as “Master” and how is the WS6 user interface?  

No I had not enough time for testing the WS6 as master in the field I only used it with the RC as master  . However  I did a short test with the W6 as master at home and it works very well . Actually I referred to your thread including G. Blackwell video describing the WS6 interface 🙂 , his video is excellent and helped me a lot ...

Do you still think just buying the WS6 Deus 2 Lite is a good option for mostly tone hunters?

Yes probably but eventually I think I will buy a a RC and a WSA2 because I am now getting used to the RC and it is easier to change/see settings with the RC than with the WS6 ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1