Nokta/Makro Legend Available In USA

45 minutes ago, Nokta Detectors said:

We do have a LG24 (9.5''X5.5'') in the works... other considerations are 9'' round and 12x9 or 10x7 elliptical...

Great news πŸ‘

Most folks would prefer the closed loop design vs the open loop design if possible πŸ™‚

Please give serious consideration to a Concentric coil. At least a mid size, 6-8". That would be an Industry leading option for a SMF detector.

3 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Great news πŸ‘

Most folks would prefer the closed loop design vs the open loop design if possible πŸ™‚

Or just a solid closed skid plate.

53 minutes ago, Nokta Detectors said:

We do have a LG24 (9.5''X5.5'') in the works... other considerations are 9'' round and 12x9 or 10x7 elliptical...

Ditto Great News. Β Will be looking forward to that. Β Knowing Nokta has a track record for providing a great selection of accessory coils for its lineup heavily influenced my buy decision.

I don't keep them fully charged, run the externals then internals. Less cycles on both in the end.

11 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Ditto Great News. Β Will be looking forward to that. Β Knowing Nokta has a track record for providing a great selection of accessory coils for its lineup heavily influenced my buy decision.

I started with the original Red Racer, then Racer 2, then their Impact and finally the Multi Kruzer before the Legend.Β  For the Racers and MK they had tons of accessory coils from Nokta Makro as well as a ton of aftermarket coils as well, great selection of coils.

1 hour ago, JCR said:

Or just a solid closed skid plate.

Better than nothing, but sometimes still gets tangled when maneuvering it around/under brush. That's the main reason I like a closed loop design, they work great for getting into nooks and crannies when hunting the bush without constantly untangling your coil from getting snagged on low hanging branches.Β Β 

I suspect people who use the prospecting modes also prefer a closed loop design on an elliptical DD coil design like this.

Got my Legend standard pack today and color me impressed.Β  Detector unboxings don't impress me much anymore, but this one was interesting because I felt like I was truly getting VALUE for my money.Β  I paid about 40% of what I paid for my last detector a few weeks ago (a detector which I love btw), and I couldn't be more impressed with the build quality, balance, controls, menu navigation and minimalist nature of what was in the Legend box (pretty much just the necessities), including a professionally printed User Manual and a bonus hat for good measure!Β  Had it assembled in less than 3 or 4 minutes.Β  Did a power on op check, easily navigated around the mostly intuitive menus for familiarization, set the clock and its is now charging up along with its wireless headphones to be ready for its maiden voyage around the ol' test garden after work.Β  Hope the value theme extends to its actual detecting performance.Β  I'm cautiously optimistic.

22 hours ago, JCR said:

Please give serious consideration to a Concentric coil. At least a mid size, 6-8". That would be an Industry leading option for a SMF detector.

Couldn't agree more!Β  That little option would wake up a lot of detectorists -- some of those married to ML and XP SMF's and some old schoolers who have avoided SMF because of the lack of a concentric coil option.

I would prefer a concentric coil on the smaller end.Β  6" seems to be a sweetspot for trashy iron, which is where concentrics have the edge, I've heard.Β  (Another option for consideration is a 4"x6" concentric such as the one Fisher made for its F75 family -- same sweep coverage but with a narrow nose to fit between rocks, etc.)Β  And while we're at the wishing well, how about making it the full closed housing design like Cal_Cobra argues for above on the elliptical DD.Β  Even without vegetiation attacking from the top, scrubbing desert sand/soil leads to material building up inside the strengtheing webs when an open coil is mated with a solid skidplate -- very annoying and time wasting.Β  When used for prospecting, some prefer dropping material on top of the coil and listening for a response to find tiny nuggets -- another excellent reason for a fully closed coil housing.