Wait For Deus II To Mature?

Heh, I'ma get one tomorrow. By the end of the week I'll have gone over a spot I just "cleaned out" with two other detectors and 4 coils. If I find anything cool there it will be great. Had an opportunity to get one, why not?

Haven't found one silver coin there no matter what settings I threw at it, but have dug many old pennies and clad.

My take on all this gnashing and wringing is "to each, their own". Y'all really have to step back and check your premises. ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

3 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Heh, I'ma get one tomorrow. By the end of the week I'll have gone over a spot I just "cleaned out" with two other detectors and 4 coils. If I find anything cool there it will be great.

I'm sure you'll write up your experiences as you've done many times.ย  It will be interesting to see what (if anything) you find between the iron (nails, sheet metal, etc.).ย  If that's as good as some people are reporting it's likely the one performance plus that will really set this detector apart from the competition for dry land hunters.ย  You might even convince phrunt into getting one pronto.ย  We all know he's just itchin' to join the party.ย  ๐Ÿ˜

37 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I'm sure you'll write up your experiences as you've done many times.ย  It will be interesting to see what (if anything) you find between the iron (nails, sheet metal, etc.).ย  If that's as good as some people are reporting it's likely the one performance plus that will really set this detector apart from the competition for dry land hunters.ย  You might even convince phrunt into getting one pronto.ย  We all know he's just itchin' to join the party.ย  ๐Ÿ˜

That's my aim for sure. ๐Ÿ‘ I need to move up a notch anyway. If I had bought a top tier VLF a year and a half ago, I might be more reluctant. I know what the weaknesses of my current favorite are.

A few things motivated me to invite the wrath of my wife - she is fabulous and immediately said "let me do the math", and then she said "sure, but I want a DIAMONDย this year when we go to the beach" ๐Ÿคฃ:

The state of the economy, shortages everywhere, higher transportation costs, international squabbling. Also Chase, C* Digger,ย  and a fella who recently wrote here that he had been going over his yard for 20 years, and got the Deus 2 and found more stuff.

I also think I'm ready for a far more complex machine thatย weighs next to nothing. I'm entering "geezer" mode. Everyone's mileage varies, who to believe and not believe isn't the point, if you don't get out there with something, you won't find anything. Sitting around breaking fingernails pontificating about settings and depth doesn't fill up the Riker cases. Only dirt under your fingernails does.

I've found an enviable amount of interesting and cool stuff in my first year, I would think I'm just increasing my chances. I'm also considering old tech like a Tesoro, but didn't want to cut myself short financially, just go for the top first. I don't think I need a PI yet. ๐Ÿ˜

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I need to move up a notch anyway.ย  (Plus more commentary on the subject)

Sounds like a lot of rationalization to me, but hey, you got it past the Comptroller.ย  That's all you need. ย :biggrin:

48 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Sounds like a lot of rationalization to me, but hey, you got it past the Comptroller.ย  That's all you need. ย :biggrin:

True. I looked up the true meaning of rationalizing, and agree that is my process for the most part. However, I do have an uneasy feeling about the way things are going, and never want to miss an opportunity. Getting too old for that.

If nothing else it could be viewed as a primer for "how to get a new detector", my future NYT best seller. ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿคฃ

Maybe I'm helping others... I know, I know... ๐Ÿ™„ย ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

On 3/28/2022 at 5:53 AM, palzynski said:

I will sell my D1 HF as soon as I have the D2 9"ย  .ย  I have no doubt that the D2 9" will do the job including high iron trashed areas from what I have seen during my tests of the D2 11"ย 

You do work for XP?

I'm using my super powers of resistance to not buy a Legend or Deus 2, and so far so good.ย  At this stage the Deus 2 sounds the more appealing of the two though except its lackluster nugget hunting performance which is primarily why I'm not overly interested in one.ย 

In saying that I like everyone around me buying them to test them out on my behalf, it's appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚ย ย  Once the dust settles and the excitement of new detectors goes away then I'd be able to make a more informed decision.

Amen to that Simon!

ย  ย Besides, I have a few "used" detectors i bought this year already! Gotta cool my heels for awhile!

ย 

And F350,

ย  ย Three of them are old-school Tesoro's that were too good a deal to resist! They still have a little "magic" in them, that more modern detectors haven't been able to recreate!ย  JMO๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

8 hours ago, Gwcracker said:

You do work for XP?

Yes . And I also work for Minelab , Quest , Garrett, Nokta lolย ๐Ÿ˜„ , look at my reports in this forum and atย ย Le blog Mรฉtaux-Dรฉtection (metaux-detection.fr)

I have even worked for Tesoro , Detech , Teknetics , Garmin etc a few years agoย in two French MD magazines called " Le Prospecteur" and "Le Fouilleur" btw ...ย ย 

And for a few others I dont even remember ...

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• 2 weeks later...