Tiny 14k, .8g Bracelet In The Surf...

I just needed to get out of the house yesterday, so I headed to a local beach about an hour before high tide.  My intention was to just hit the towel line down.  Well, when I got there, there was an active 4–6-foot cut about one hundred yards long. So, in it I went.  About halfway through it I was getting pounded by the surges but hit basically a pocket of green coins and a few silver rings and more.  I detected for about 2 1/2 hours before the cut had turned back into a slope and the coin finds dried up.  I ended up with 203 coins, three of them were silver dimes and one was a wheatie.  Only one of the coins is what I would call "spendable" and with some tumble time, some of the other might be. LOL  I was using the Equinox 800.  I was in Beach 1, with the 15 inch coil, sensitivity at 23 and constantly in and out of the surf as it was surging.  Amongst the coin digs I got a hit that was a grunt to foil on tones.  The number was -1 to 1.  I dug it and came out with a tiny 7 1/4 inch bracelet that was hallmarked 14k (and tested 14K) and weighed .8 gram. It was intact but had a broken link at the clasp.  That is by far the tiniest chain I have dug.  This morning I wanted to confirm the number so I air tested it.  Nothing, Nada, no tone what so ever. Now to be perfectly fair, there is tad bit of EMI so that might have been the reason that it did not make a peep.  The value of the gold is not much but the value in detecting knowledge is priceless. I do wonder now just how many "tiny" pieces of gold I have been over and just walked on by??? 

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

6 minutes ago, cuniagau said:

I detected for about 2 1/2 hours before the cut had turned back into a slope and the coin finds dried up.  I ended up with 203 coins,...

That's about 4 coins every 3 minutes and I'm not counting the non-coin finds.  Were most of these singles?  Impressive recovery speed (the human kind 😏) in my book.

And nice gold chain!

58 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

That's about 4 coins every 3 minutes and I'm not counting the non-coin finds.  Were most of these singles?  Impressive recovery speed (the human kind 😏) in my book.

And nice gold chain!

There were several doubles and one triple that I remember.  And there was one spot that I basically didn't move and dug about 20 coins.  I am paying the price today-everything is tired and sore. LOL 

Wow! Impressive find with such a big coil - congrats! 

Wow. That's awesome finding small gold like that.

203 coins is a lot. 👍 Shame they are not negotiable, tumbling them won't help? That's an incredible feat nonetheless. Thanks for the story! And good on the gold.