Usually after a vacation I schedule one day after my return home to ready myself for the return to work. After hunting with Bob at Virginia Beach I really wanted to go to a park I have murdered the silver at, But the lawn needed mowing. I told my wife my plans and she said why don't you go detecting for a bit the lawn can wait ( damn I married a good women). I have hit this place hard for two years,  me and my buddy have pulled over 100+ silver coins not including rings and charms out of the ground. I packed up the Tesoro silver u-max and the 800 and off I went. I always use the Tesoro for clean up so figuring finds were getting harder to find I started with it first. Quarters and dimes were on the found list, but nothing tone wise that peaked my hearing. I decided to check a place close to the parking lot and my truck. After a 100 yards I got a tone that was a touch different. I would have dug it straight up but there was a strange guy walking back and forth. Not sure what he was up to, so I walked a few hundred yards away. At this point the big coil was killing me and I decided head to the truck and swap to the 800. I fired up the 800 and went to my park 1   5khz program. I did pretty well on some pocket change and decided to roll back to the spot where the Tesoro tagged a good tone. The 800 said 28-29 with a nice tone, I was sure it was silver, but I've been fooled before. Well after digging I pulled a silver ring, not a fancy one but I'll take it. I decided to take a run at the other side of the park but was thwarted by blood thirsty mosquitoes and I forgot the Permethrin. After 10 minutes and a 100 bites later I was gone. I figure I can always make another trip. Overall I had a nice 4 hour hunt.

IMG_3547.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

IMG_3554.jpg

Nice ring, and a chunk of change to boot. Guess you got everything but the kitchen sink. 😀 Great job, I'd have moved away for a bit if there was someone pacing too.

Nice to see an older detector killing it like that. 👍

Ha, Thought that drain cover was a silver 1/2 dollar. Win some lose some!!!

Tesoros are pretty good at iron discrimination, should be easy enough to disc out the kitchen sinks 😁

Nice run!

Nice hunt and a nice ring, just man up and take a few bites from those small  vampires and get some more silver.

Was that a arrowhead or something else?

Good luck on your next hunt.

Arrowhead thing was the bottom of a zinc tent stake. Also sounded pretty good.

Nice ring. Tejon is a sweet detector to use. 1 tone but it speaks to you.

19 hours ago, dogodog said:

At this point the big coil was killing me....

You and that Tesoro really speak the same language.  Nice ring!  By 'big coil' are you referring to the 10"x12"?

Hey Chuck, The coil is the 10x12 , after a partial tear of my bicep I can only swing heavier coils for so long. I think you might have hunted this park that keeps on giving. Still a great memory for me.