Nuggetfinder Coils Release Dates For The 6000 & 7000?

2 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Just need a smaller DD coil

Glad you brought it up  🙂

@Coiltek  anything in the testing phase that you can divulge?  

4 minutes ago, Aureous said:

The stock 11" is a junk coil.

I keep reading terrible reports about the 11" coils and feel lucky that I got a good one.  It is just crazy sensitive to tiny pieces and also larger targets at depth.  Granted, there are fine cracks in the coil ears and one at the cable insertion point but performance wise it is faultless.   It will get returned under warranty but I'm not in a hurry, and certainly not before W.A.  

And I'm still on my original coil cover and I scrub quite a lot  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Northeast said:

I keep reading terrible reports about the 11" coils and feel lucky that I got a good one.

I've been told the Same, it works but mine is still noisy and has altered sensitivity spots. Compared to the Coiltek and NF offerings, its poor. 

• Like 1

From the NF web site: 

ABS Housing

Polycarbonate Shaft Mounts

Polycarbonate Triple Sealed Cable Entry Point

External Gore Breather

CoreCell Foam

Litz Wire

Water Sealed to IP67 Standard

2 Year Warranty

Minelab Approved 

CoreCell is the best and most expensive foam coring that I know of having bought this product many times myself I know how much it costs...its used in the boating and aircraft industries on high end builds...there are cheaper coring materials you could use but they choose to use the best. I asked the guy from Coiltek (Trevor I think) on this site what they specifically use for coring on their coils and he would not give me a direct answer. There is no substitute for quality. 

strick 

• Like 1

That's interesting about the 11" and not a surprise, many arguments were based upon people loving and struggling with that coil.  I don't think anyone was wrong it was their coils causing the discrepancy.  It's truly sad their quality has gone to these levels.  The 11" is a good coil when it works, it's super sensitive but it seems you can't trust it.  The day JW's died was a shock, he was just detecting away near me and his detector went erratic like EMI, this was certainly not unusual at the time as the EMI fix didn't exist then, so he turned it off to do another of the many factory resets we had to do at the time to keep it stable, and then it came up with a coil error, and never worked again.  Mine was just erratic from the start and I hated my 6000 until I bought a Coiltek coil and worked out my 11" was faulty, then had my 11" replaced and was happy with the 11" after that.

Putting manufacturing into the hands of the lowest bidder isn't the best way to get a good product.

NF and Coiltek appear to have done a great job on their 6000 coils, and NF in particular judging by stricks comment above have made an outstanding coil when it comes to construction quality.  It's interesting they dropped the warranty from 3 years down to 2 years on their GPX 6000 coils though.  the GPX 5000 coils were all 3 years, not sure what the Z-search has, I never intended to use the warranty on mine as I gave it the snip a week after getting it, the sacrificial lamb.

In this case we are fortunate Minelab allowed aftermarket coils so early on with the 6000, as it took many years for the 7000 to get its first aftermarket coils.  Maybe Minelab knew their coils were bad, if people move off them onto aftermarket there is less chance they'd need to warranty their 11" as they won't use it.

I'm looking forward to the Sadie size, I may even buy the 16x10" too so I have a good range of sizes and I think that's a great size for doing some patch hunting on the 6000 and really patch hunting and tiny gold are the detectors strongest points so may as well take advantage of that.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 4:43 AM, hawkeye said:

Very interesting topic.  

(Zero content comment but I keeping getting a notice to make a post.  So....)

me too,,,

just had a noisy 11"coil replaced and a dry solder joint fixed in a 6000  from Minelab Adelaide ,, and its a much quieter more stable beast now ,,,  the New coil looks totally diiferant when you take off the skid plate 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 10fp said:

me too,,,

just had a noisy 11"coil replaced and a dry solder joint fixed in a 6000  from Minelab Adelaide ,, and its a much quieter more stable beast now ,,,  the New coil looks totally diiferant when you take off the skid plate 

Would you mind putting a photo up of it?

• Like 1

Holy crap! that looks like a total redesign of the 11" coil, now mine needs to die again, I want the new one, you can bet they've fixed all the issues on the new model.

Now this is why people recommend waiting a year or in the GPX 6000's case a couple of years before jumping into a new model, the EMI fix, now a redesign of the coil that was plagued with issues from instability, noisy operation to cracking on the ears and body...

• Like 1