New Years Day Hunt

On New Years Day I drove to 6 beach spots hoping to find a productive one. I didn't even take the detector out of the car at most locations because it looked like the big surf was not doing much sand moving. However, I saw some small cuts at the last stop and started finding targets pretty regularly.

The larger ring is 14K yellow gold and weighs 6.6 grams. The smaller ring is rose gold and is stamped "18K 0.39". I assume that the 0.39 is the total carats of the small diamonds encircling the ring. At first I feared that the ring was one of those ubiquitous, gold-plated, silver, Pandora rings that look so good but aren't too valuable but it weighs 3.3 grams and passed the acid test. It's a beautiful little ring but it is missing a couple of the stones on the bottom.

Very late in the hunt I scooped out the silver bar (see earlier post) and I think I said to myself, "You've got to be kidding me!".  This hobby has provided so many surprising moments over the years. It was the perfect way to end a hunt and start a new year.

IMG_20230101_171115.jpg

IMG_20230101_132643.jpg

IMG_20230101_163422__01.jpg

Thanks for the report.  I concur about the conditions on Monday.  It was a pretty disorganized storm as far as the waves were concerned.  The sand was too soft at my beaches.

Good to find a spot that coughed up those rings and silver.

I went out today.  A couple of interesting finds.

Very good hunt and glad you had fun.

Good luck with the rest of the year and stay safe out there.

3 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Compass have a look at this link...........https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/band-rings/tiffany-co-atlas-diamond-18k-rose-gold-open-band-ring-54/id-v_14019822/.......... I really like the design, but the price.

Thanks Geof, This link confirmed my suspicions that mine is not a Tiffany even though it looks very much the same. Mine is not as robust and does not have the right markings. When I found the ring T&Co was my first thought - maybe next time!

4 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Thanks for the report.  I concur about the conditions on Monday.  It was a pretty disorganized storm as far as the waves were concerned.  The sand was too soft at my beaches.

Good to find a spot that coughed up those rings and silver.

I went out today.  A couple of interesting finds.

You had a great hunt, especially, for soft sand conditions. The end of this week may even be better!

A very Happy New Year indeed!  That’s a nice ring!