What Type Of Knee Guard That You Use, If Any

My knee start to sore/pain due to motorcycle accident at young age.. I think my acl was torn due the accident or something if I remember correctly lol..  looking for outdoor knee guard/brace to use when metal detecting.. any suggestions? Thank you in advance

I used to use something like these but now i don't where any.  I just set my knee in soft dirt instead.  2 ACL tears myself

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Marshalltown-Professional-Knee-Pads/5001377531

I've tried many knee pads in the last few yrs.  If nugget hunting with a PI or bigger detector be sure they don't have much metal on them.   I now use utility pants with sewn in removable knee pads.  Many options so give everyone a few days to answer.

I only wear one on my right knee, got some splints from doing too many stage acrobatics playing guitar. 🤣

Any knee pad with gel or just really good padding will work, always cross the straps wearing them. Keeps them from slipping better than straight across.

Do use any, tried em once.   Have callouses instead. They are a pain the arse imo.

6 hours ago, fishersari said:

I'm thinking something like these..

It seems like the answers coming in are not answering the original question asked.  The illustration in the post I linked isn't a typical knee pad, but rather a brace to help support the tendons, etc. that are involved in the operation of the knee.  I considered this when I strained the medial collatoral ligament (MCL) when raking leaves(!) this past autumn.  But it healed up pretty well and so far I've been able to detect without problems. 

FWIW I wear cheapo ($5/pair) knee pads I bought at a garden supply shop, the soft kind -- not the ones with a hard plastic cap.  Comfortable?  For me, yes.  But that's not a brace, just a cushion.  And when I (accidentally) kneel on a small rock or piece of crushed stone (e.g. from a driveway) I'm quite happy to have them!