The 12x7 Exceed On The 6000 Is A Beast

15 hours ago, phrunt said:

Do you have the Coiltek 10x5? I'd like to know how it compares with small gold sensitivity vs the 10x5", I guess physics means the 10x5" will be more sensitive unless NF have worked some magic.

Great work on the nuggets Gold Ryder, very nice and deep too.

Simon , smokey prospecting has a utube video comparing the two with interesting results 🤔 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, phrunt said:

Do you have the Coiltek 10x5?

I only have the Coiltek 9 round. Also an excellent coil and more stable compared to the stock 11. Perhaps a bit on the heavy side. But definitly nothing bad to say about it. I just happen to be a NF fan and the 12x7 is a good elliptical size for me, next to being a superb coil.  

GC

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nedkelly said:

Simon , smokey prospecting has a utube video comparing the two with interesting results 🤔 

thanks, I'll look it up

Here is the video if anyone's interested.  https://youtu.be/W9RpjHtMbeU

We are lucky to have a reasonable selection of coils for the 6000. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

I only have the Coiltek 9 round. Also an excellent coil and more stable compared to the stock 11. Perhaps a bit on the heavy side. But definitly nothing bad to say about it. I just happen to be a NF fan and the 12x7 is a good elliptical size for me, next to being a superb coil.  

GC

Yea I've found the 9" round excellent to. It's my go to coil. It doesn't leave much for the other coils. 

• Like 1

I also bought the 14x9" as I loved that size on my GPX 4500, I can't say I'm all that impressed by it so I wish I saved my money for the 12x7 in that case.  The 12x7 seems an excellent coil, for my needs the 14x9" is a bit of a disappointment really and I'd rather just use the less stable 11" for the better performance.

My wife and I  the chance to run the 12x7 this past weekend up in the high sierras. The coil runs smoother then any of the other coils I have..lay the machine on its side on the ground...no problems at all...in fact we hardly had to do any noise cancels..We did not get over any gold but dug plenty of small bits of rubbish at depth..as usual Klunker showed us how it's done with his tried and true 7000. 

strick

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

I also bought the 14x9" as I loved that size on my GPX 4500, I can't say I'm all that impressed by it so I wish I saved my money for the 12x7 in that case.  The 12x7 seems an excellent coil, for my needs the 14x9" is a bit of a disappointment really and I'd rather just use the less stable 11" for the better performance.

Yes I found the 14"×9" disappointing as well. Good ground coverage for patch hunting. It can get over a fair bit of ground in a day.  Found a nice little patch of species just below some old reef workings with it. But every time I look at it I think why would someone ruin a perfectly good 14" round coil by shaving the sides off it LOL. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, strick said:

My wife and I  the chance to run the 12x7 this past weekend up in the high sierras. The coil runs smoother then any of the other coils I have..lay the machine on its side on the ground...no problems at all...in fact we hardly had to do any noise cancels..We did not get over any gold but dug plenty of small bits of rubbish at depth..as usual Klunker showed us how it's done with his tried and true 7000. 

strick

Where  I'm detecting at the moment is covered in long grass and I have trouble keeping the 12x7 parallel with the ground.  The grass keeps  pushing the nose up and I'm forever adjusting it so I use the 9" round coiltek which handles the grass better. Love the 12x7 apart from that and is always a toss up which one to use.

• Like 1

Nice Work !!!! 

The 12 x 7 is my go to coil  have the 10 x 5 and the 9 inch round  coiltek

• Like 1