The 12x7 Exceed On The 6000 Is A Beast

Goldseeker - Sorry if I missed this in a different thread, but given the depth, do you still use the 17" at all or is/was it just too unstable? The NF has been a killer for you and I'm curious because of the size difference and it seems like a long time until the large NF is available. 

What would be the general sized nugget where the 17" would be worth the tradeoff for depth versus any of the smaller coils?

The 12x7 continues to shine. This was a few days ago.  Today I found a few more,  one was .027 and I hit a 1/4 gramer at over 10" deep in rock layers that sounded alot bigger than it was. Last year I commented how I was only finding bigger nuggets with the stock coil and thought I was missing the crumbs in our claims. The 12x7 is proving that was the case.  This coil impresses me everyday I use it. 

8A42281A-690F-4BED-930E-A495691F3843.jpeg

70A2587B-22A9-467B-9FAB-A33FCBCFAA51.jpeg

I wonder why you were only finding big nuggets with the stock coil? For me it's been very sensitive and easily finding 0.03 of a gram nuggets and similar more often than any others.

Maybe your stock coil is one of the many duds.

21 hours ago, phrunt said:

I wonder why you were only finding big nuggets with the stock coil? For me it's been very sensitive and easily finding 0.03 of a gram nuggets and similar more often than any others.

Part way through the season I through a rock on my coil. Got a new coil from Minelab on warranty.  So plenty of experience with two stock coils. Doesnt hold a candle to the 12x7 for sensitivity especially when the EMI kicks up in the afternoon.  

22 hours ago, phrunt said:

From my experience I absolutely agree in regard to the stock 11 coil for the 6000 and down to 0.03 gram.

I am yet to watch a video comparison between the 12x7 and 11 coils on the 6000, using the same settings, on a nugget still in-situ and the ground above untouched, to convince me for the extra expense of another coil.

Also, my best depth so far with the 6000 was with the stock 17x13 coil on a 1.24-gram Specimen (0.9 grams of gold) dug up carefully at a depth of 10".  The 6000 settings were Difficult / Auto

Would have been interesting if I had connected up the 11 coil at the time to compare both responses before dug, but we do not think to do such comparison when out in the field.