Nf 12x7 Xceed Coil Finds Smallest Nugget So Far

After a long wait, I finally received the NF 12x7 Xceed coil for my GPX6 and used it for the first time in an area that has small and shallow gold.  I ended up with 10 nuggets for a total weight of 1.2 grams. The smallest nugget weighed 0.023 gram and was somewhere between 1 to 2 inches deep.  This is the smallest nugget I have ever found metal detecting.  I dont know if the stock 11 inch coil would have heard this tiny nugget but I will say the Xceed coil is plenty sensitive enough for me and there is no need or desire for me to find anything smaller.    

Nugetsx10.jpg

Nug_023.jpg

That equals my smallest find with the GPZ with the smaller ones coming from VLF's. I'm yet to find under 0.03 with the 6000 but my time will come.

10 nuggets is great going.

Have I missed something? I thought it used to be all about who finds the largest nugget! 🤣 Quite impressed, that’s small!

You take what you can find!

Good job.

Very good hunt, and size never matters as it is the hunt that counts.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe out there.

My friend JW now also has a 12x7", I haven't used mine yet too busy skiing to go detecting however he took his for its maiden voyage yesterday and found these little specs

jw1.thumb.jpg.8f58fa32ddc0aebb7b00b3601ddcafa8.jpg

jw2.thumb.jpg.4a89ea5e806b8ffef855ff493b51213c.jpg

jw3.thumb.jpg.9ad29dab01b0abe006377b7b1ad27269.jpg

He's got some sort of super hearing though and can find nuggets I can't.  So hopefully mine works as well for me as his is for him, and clearly yours is for you Dutchman.   I don't know the weights, I don't think he has accurate enough scales for these little bits.

I had to buy a second scale with 0.001g resolution for the 6000 finds.

12 hours ago, Dutchman4 said:

I had to buy a second scale with 0.001g resolution for the 6000 finds.

As much as the 6000 cost, shouldn't you have to use bathroom scales to weigh the gold.