Fantastic array of finds and congrats on the rare token!

• Thanks 1

Great report and nice finds.

59 minutes ago, Glenn in CO said:

Of course you find a "what is it". It measures 1 1/4" x 3/4" made of brass or copper, maybe a gunsight?

Not sure but that looks like some kind of gauge.  The top part looks like it was used to measure a size, possibly a diameter, of an object than can be slipped through it.  OTOH it does appear to be crudely made and gauges are usually rather precise.

Have you figured out the metallic composition the square token, e.g. from its VDI on the Deus II?

• Thanks 1

Very nice finds & beautiful location.

• Thanks 1

The "gauge" appear to be very much like a gauge that came with carburetor rebuild kits, back in the day we always rebuilt carburetors instead of buying another one and I rebuild many of them and used gauges very similar to that one on every rebuild, they were used for setting float level in the bowl and various other valves, levers, and linkage all of these had to be fairly precise for the carburetor to function properly.

That gauge may not be for carburetors but it's for other similar mechanical device rebuilds, IMHO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What a fun looking hunt!  Finds combined with location = good times!

- Dave

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gold Seeker said:

The "gauge" appear to be very much like a gauge that came with carburetor rebuild kits, back in the day we always rebuilt carburetors instead of buying another one and I rebuild many of them and used gauges very similar to that one on every rebuild, they were used for setting float level in the bowl and various other valves, levers, and linkage all of these had to be fairly precise for the carburetor to function properly.

That gauge may not be for carburetors but it's for other similar mechanical device rebuilds, IMHO

Agreed.  I remember the carb kits well.  Actually just rebuilt a pair of Amal's for my old Triumph not long ago.  And the way that piece looks to have gaging for several different aspects built in, I think you are on to it.

- Dave

• Like 3