I Had A Feeling...

When the wind blows you got to goes...nice work 350 the pics show the erosion in that rough pebble beach...Nice work!

strick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

What a coincidence that we both found a golden "47"  14k  ring that weighs almost the same.  Congratulations on a very nice water hunt!!

Thanks Dan,

I guess it is a fall thing to get all this low tide going on. 🙂 Hope others get the message and get out there. It's not often I find gold so it's a real pleasure, especially when my wife takes it.

Good luck on your return to your place if you can! 🍀

14 minutes ago, strick said:

When the wind blows you got to goes...nice work 350 the pics show the erosion in that rough pebble beach...Nice work!

strick

Haha, good one! Thanks strick, we've had gusts over 30mph for a couple of days, Northwest wind that is pushing the water out of the river. While I don't think this will last, I'm going to return with waders (water is getting cold and there still are some jellyfish) and buck the trend. 😏

• Like 3

9 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I decided to dig them all today.

Good man.. It can and does pay off to dig everything, even those TIDs and tones we know deep down are probably crap.. Most of the gold rings I've found on the island have rung up in the range of pull-tabs, aluminium foil, condom packaging, bottle tops or 5 and 10 cent pieces (10 to 14 on the Nox 600/800).. Hats off for having a good go, I get too lazy to dig sometimes, even though I'm digging sand! ☹️   

• Like 4

Shame on you, no matchbox cars!

You better go back and find one.

Nice to see you finally find some gold, I thought your wife was going to get mad at you over it.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

10/4 on the points.😏

The ring should be good for a  point or two ?

Yep, that's the "ding ding ding" 🤣

I told her early on when she was more skeptical about me doing this (especially day long hunts) that I would take her out for dinner every time I find the real treasure, silver or gold. That adds to the points as well. 😎 Thankfully (well sorta) it doesn't happen often.

Just for fun I keep in contact throughout the day, and send her a cute pic when I get a good find too:

Resized_20221114_143754(1)(2).thumb.jpeg.f97df71cf1d4d867ed73099c4ae42030.jpeg

"King Bob", the Minion.

I know, too much, right? 🙄 But I wait a bit before sending the pic of the find. 😁

20231023_151041.thumb.jpg.5d353acae9305b201b69da67c8151105.jpg

Poor woman has had a knee and hip replacement, and had the Brooklyn Bridge put in her spine. She has bad arthritis and can't get around enough to go with me, she would if she could. 😢 My mother had arthritis, I'm hoping that all this exercise will stave it off a bit for me.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

Good man.. It can and does pay off to dig everything, even those TIDs and tones we know deep down are probably crap.. Most of the gold rings I've found on the island have rung up in the range of pull-tabs, aluminium foil, condom packaging, bottle tops or 5 and 10 cent pieces (10 to 14 on the Nox 600/800).. Hats off for having a good go, I get too lazy to dig sometimes, even though I'm digging sand! ☹️   

Thanks Erik,

The way I have the Deus tuned probably makes some people roll their eyes, but this hunt put the proof in the pudding. 🤔

I have bottle caps on 5 and audio filter cranked, which produces a sound so ridiculous I only find I dig a bottle cap is when it is covered with foil, like Stella Artois.

Some say BC5 will cause you to miss small non ferrous, I don't find that to be a problem. I've found stuff that produced a tone, I drop it in the bag after the long and frustrating search 🙄 and it falls through the mesh. 😀

Some say you'll miss nickels, I doubt I've missed one. I get at least one every time because others skip them. Thankfully XP got that right.

My biggest problem is getting my coil over gold and silver, silver is too easy other than the random beer can bottom (which lifting most times identifies), and most important not getting in the water where most gold is anyway. 😀 There are the towel line drops, but those odds are 1000 to 1.

However, my own wedding band comes up a 64 on the D2, so yeah I'll be digging pull tabs unless I hear that brassy sound from audio filter. Or if I see it. 😁 sight picks go in a different pocket.

If folks haven't updated to V2 they "may" be missing some really great improvements.

• Like 2