I Had A Feeling...

2 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Love red stone gold rings! I'm sure the wife will be happy with that one..

Tides were great this past weekend and ... stunning low yesterday. West winds Sat.. NW winds Sunday & Monday.

SNAG-0013.jpg

Thanks Joe OBN,

Wish I could have stayed longer and brought my waders, and put the 9" on, etc. 🤪 However the tides will be even lower next week, and it will be too cold for competition. There are still some jellyfish up here, so at least chest waders are the way to go, the swim area isn't all that deep, heck I was at chest height to high tide yesterday. Can't imagine what you'd get with SCUBA! I've heard tales.

Last month or so I did manage a silver filigree cross and a Merc at low tide. 🤔20230831_170838.thumb.jpg.85a494da3054301fbd946cd5fb79645e.jpg20230831_170809.thumb.jpg.cc637f341fc3f165d1ab75d5a5159db2.jpg

the better the detector(ist), the better the finds I guess 🤔

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

the better the detector(ist), the better the finds I guess 🤔

You did as good as the best of them!

I know the spot and I have friends that frequent there. (Carolina is one) Sometimes they do good, sometimes they don't. Just a matter of getting the coil over the treasures.

Congratulations on your first gold of the season! That beach looks really inviting and sure to hold some goodies. I'd be hunting it until I forced it to give up some gold! 😁

1 minute ago, okara gold said:

Congratulations on your first gold of the season! That beach looks really inviting and sure to hold some goodies. I'd be hunting it until I forced it to give up some gold! 😁

Thanks Okara,

Pretty much did that with what I had, I wasn't prepared to go in the water much past the edge. Didn't have a waveguide on the coil. Still some jellyfish in the water too.

I plan to return soon better equipped, and at the still lower tides with a favorable wind. Last year I did it for a while and didn't find much, but this year I know better where to look. 🙂

Beautiful finds. Always trust your gut feelings. I do. When I don't, I always get this feeling I just screwed up royally 😆

21 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Beautiful finds. Always trust your gut feelings. I do. When I don't, I always get this feeling I just screwed up royally 😆

Thanks,

There's something to be said for digging everything, one dig to one find. 🤔 You never have to worry that you missed something that day if you dig all the targets. Might even get you a few extra good ones!

I often wonder what I'm leaving behind, but I do try to trust my machine, same way one would trust a hammer to ring true on a nail with experience. I've hit my finger enough digging trash to hope skipping a few bits grants me a few extra good finds from coverage. So far I can always go back 🙂