I Had A Feeling...

6 minutes ago, locator said:

Great job and nice writeup. Congrats on having a good day and fun.👍😎

Thanks, this time of year an 8 hour day is easier to put in. There was wind all day and it wasn't 95 degrees 😅 it got up to 62. The gold ring was my last find, so persistence and getting my feet wet paid off. 😁 

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Shame on you, no matchbox cars!

You better go back and find one.

Nice to see you finally find some gold, I thought your wife was going to get mad at you over it.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Yeah, looks like Hot Wheels season is over. 😢 I'll miss those high tones...

...Not. 😏

I'll tell ya I was getting a bit worried myself, so today paid off for me. The ring sells for ~$250, so at least all those days where I paid for parking are covered, maybe even some of the diesel 🤣 it's an hour trip one way for me.

4 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Great job soldier!!  😄

Thanks Colonel,

The ring is a size 4, pretty small. It was a hard "foil" hit (47) a few inches down in the sand in about 4 inches of water, I didn't have the waveguide on the coil so it was kind of lucky from swinging above the water. 🤔

20231024_093153.thumb.jpg.6bc170017efa7763997728ff81d2abbe.jpg

You can see here it nearly fits inside the 14K white gold honker I wear. 😀 10 grams as opposed to 1.3.

A truly improbable find at the end of an 8 hour search! 

Awesome hunt and report! Congrats on the gold. It's great that your wife gets to celebrate this hunt with a night out. Our wives put up with a lot in support of our detecting and it's only right that they share in the fun when we are successful. 

Boom! You got the gold, silver, & copper trifecta, F350, congrats and very well done! wow2.gif

That heart shaped stone looks like a ruby to me in that light. It's a little too pink to be a garnet. 😉 Way to go, amigo! You're making me miss the beach again! 😎

Love red stone gold rings! I'm sure the wife will be happy with that one..

Tides were great this past weekend and ... stunning low yesterday. West winds Sat.. NW winds Sunday & Monday.

SNAG-0013.jpg

3 hours ago, Compass said:

Awesome hunt and report! Congrats on the gold. It's great that your wife gets to celebrate this hunt with a night out. Our wives put up with a lot in support of our detecting and it's only right that they share in the fun when we are successful. 

Thanks Compass, any day I find gold is a big deal, it doesn't come along that often.

I set out to prove your pull tab post to myself and it worked with the earring anyway. You just have to dig them. 😵

5 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks Compass, any day I find gold is a big deal, it doesn't come along that often.

I set out to prove your pull tab post to myself and it worked with the earring anyway. You just have to dig them. 😵

I surely don't always dig everything. I don't think my body would hold up! Like you said, sometimes you just have a feeling!

22 minutes ago, Compass said:

I surely don't always dig everything. I don't think my body would hold up! Like you said, sometimes you just have a feeling!

I don't either tbh, with my program some give off a telltale brassy sound, and some I just see. I'll dig the ones that produce pure tones and some that are halves.

2 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Boom! You got the gold, silver, & copper trifecta, F350, congrats and very well done! wow2.gif

That heart shaped stone looks like a ruby to me in that light. It's a little to pink to be a garnet. 😉 Way to go, amigo! You're making me miss the beach again! 😎

Thanks Cap'n,

It was a really great day. 🙂

Took the ring to the local jeweler about 40 minutes away, 🙄 and he graciously examined it for free. He said it is a ruby, and leaned toward man made. He polished it up for me and told me I'm always welcome to bring finds in. Said he'd buy them if they were out of the ordinary.

Ruby is my wife's birthstone, so it was a really special gift. ♥️