2 For 2 At The Beach This Week

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great hunt 350, you are getting some good rewards since the naked lady.

Great finds and hope you get in a few more hunts in before the end of the year.

Keep those feet warm while your out.

Thanks VL,

The waders are 1600 Thinsulate, extremely warm. I have to wear thick wool socks to keep my feet from getting crushed by the weight of the water. I'll have to get lighter breathable waders for the warmer months.

There are others that water hunt there, last year I had a couple who were all up in the spots I was looking until I said something. 😵 I was lucky to have no competition this time.

2 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Good job Bob!   Karma coming your way for sure.  🙂

Thanks Colonel,

I definitely plan to return it, I discovered the freshman yearbook for that year, and located the only person with those initials. I'll be "digging" into it this week 😀 I hope she will be happy I found it.

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks Compass,

TBH I've been watching you heavy duty water hunters lately and knew I had to give it a go, the water is where the gold is. I'm glad I don't have to deal with big waves there, don't think I could stand it for long. The boat wakes are bad enough. You can see on a windless day the water is flat at slack tide, so timing is everything.

Regarding the Deus 2, if you poke around a bit you'll see that since V2 it got much better on gold. The reason I personally prefer it over the Equinox is that the IDs are very tight for a 99 number machine, the XY graph screen is very useful, and overall I trust it more. It's also lighter and easier to grip for me. With the 13" coil on the beach I have to laugh at what I find people missed, particularly quarters and dimes at a foot, but it's a lot of digging just for clad. Most of the hunters I've seen there use the Equinox and now the Manticore. 🤔

Another thing I'm noticing is that the D2 is way better with EMI now, I got the ring in a place where there was a lot of it. It was always really good but I feel they improved it.

On the other hand, the Equinox is a venerable gold machine, and if you have big hands the Deus might seem small.

I tried the 15" on the Equinox and couldn't take swinging it for long, and I definitely get more false positives with it overall.

The D2 is an "acquired taste", if you hunt relics with it was well you have to keep attaching and detaching the waveguide for the water as it gets snagged in the field. I go through a lot of zip ties these transition to fall days 🤔 It's also a bit less convenient to keep charged. It's a simple choice for me, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Sorry for the random thoughts. 😀

I really appreciate your feedback on the D2 350. I've got a lot of research to do on it.

That's a Great return hunt! Good Luck on your next return and stay warm! Keep us informed on the history of the lost class ring, always enjoy hearing how it was lost and when.

And love hunting in calm waters, less noise from the detector and the place comes alive with faints.

Wow, F350, you're on a roll! Congrats and very well done again!

Good on you for returning the gold class ring, that's only going to bring you more gold, but you can keep your jellyfish! 😱

I'll stick with my bears and rattlesnakes, and since we've already had a substantial snowfall, they should all be going in for their winter's nap. 😉

On 10/30/2023 at 11:07 AM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That's a Great return hunt! Good Luck on your next return and stay warm! Keep us informed on the history of the lost class ring, always enjoy hearing how it was lost and when.

And love hunting in calm waters, less noise from the detector and the place comes alive with faints.

Thanks Joe OBN,

There was a bit of boat traffic later in the morning and other noises in the area, but it was quiet for a while. I really appreciate the D2 now for its better performance in EMI that other machines, unless I was in single frequency I wouldn't have found the ring where I did, probably why it was there 🤔

The new water program I'm working on stays pretty quiet even in the wash, it is a tad bump sensitive but the noises are at reduced volume, I also know them when I hit something with the coil 😀

I took my Beach Sensitive program and added a few tweaks to it, mostly discrimination at 6. Don't know if you have a Deus 2, so this may be meaningless 😁

You're a legendary water hunter so I appreciate your comments. 🙂 

14 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow, F350, you're on a roll! Congrats and very well done again!

Good on you for returning the gold class ring, that's only going to bring you more gold, but you can keep your jellyfish! 😱

I'll stick with my bears and rattlesnakes, and since we've already had a substantial snowfall, they should all be going in for their winter's nap. 😉

Thanks Cap'n,

I'm in the process of getting it back to her, I emailed the class contact this morning with directions to have her contact me. If I don't hear anything soon I'll get more aggressive. Who knows where life takes a person 🤷‍♂️

I always cringe when the kiddies at the beach go running in the water, or exclaim "Look, I caught a Jellyfish!" Lots of scenarios where that doesn't turn out well. These jellies aren't particularly harmful, and I have seen many people in the water, but the crying and screaming tells all.  😬 I warned a few moms about them.

I had to wait for a cooler morning to wear my waders. By afternoon when it got up to 85 it was pretty draining, so I called it a day. Next week will be colder so it may prompt another visit. 😅

It will be nice to have most of the dangerous creatures take a long winter nap, we won't be at that point anytime soon. Last winter we got one day that was -9, but I haven't seen any accumulated snow here in 2 years now.

Sad you're snowed in already, I was hoping for a few more tales! I'm waiting for the farmers to get done dressing the fields. Some are planting winter wheat, some are just throwing cover crop. Hoping it will be a productive season for everyone.

There will be more tales for sure. Our first snow is always around Halloween and then it "warms" up a bit for the next few weeks to the 50s-60s. Usually I'll hunt all year regardless of the weather, it's just more fun in the nice weather! 😉