Nugget Ring?

mn90403

“A couple of those first set of 4 pics look like Steve Wandt creations. Specifically the 2nd and 4th in geof_junk's post. He was a master at making gold rings. Also the one on Lucky's finger in his post may also be one from Steve.”

Mike, when he was hunting with us he made a dozen or so for our group members, but you had to have found a 1 ounce Nugget.  That was the 1 Ounce Club signature reward.  You got to design it with your found nuggets and the gottier the better!

Rick

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 11/7/2023 at 4:59 PM, Dutchman4 said:

My wedding ring was a Nugget Ring.  I lost it in the surf near Ocean Beach pier.  Some cold water and it slid right off my hand.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune but with all those machines on your Profile were you able to recover it?  I love water hunting and feel the bigger the ring the faster it falls off.  Funny, as I have yet to find a gold nugget ring though.

• Like 2

Our good buddy Lunk has a gold nugget ring but he only shows it for special occasions. 

Lunk, give us the story of that hog and most certainly do not take it in the ocean.

Speaking of gold jewelry, the only piece I wear on a rare occasion is on a necklace.  Chain.jpg.06ce1bf4df3657d1b4537f27c4090109.jpg

It was my 1st nugget over a 1/4 ozt.

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 2

On 11/9/2023 at 10:21 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Our good buddy Lunk has a gold nugget ring but he only shows it for special occasions. 

Lunk, give us the story of that hog and most certainly do not take it in the ocean.

Speaking of gold jewelry, the only piece I wear on a rare occasion is on a necklace.  Chain.jpg.06ce1bf4df3657d1b4537f27c4090109.jpg

It was my 1st nugget over a 1/4 ozt.

Don’t worry Gerry, I’ll never take that ring into the ocean, as I'm a landlubber. That “hog” of a ring was originally a northern Nevada gold nugget weighing nearly an ounce, the finding of which was chronicled in an issue of the Mining Journal, in an article entitled “The Pothole Patch”. I always admired the unique color of NNV gold, and so decided to have the nugget melted down and forged into a solid band, the color of which is such a bright yellow that, if an 18 karat gold ring is placed alongside of it, that ring looks like copper in comparison; it definitely is a beauty. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Sorry to hear of your misfortune but with all those machines on your Profile were you able to recover it?  I love water hunting and feel the bigger the ring the faster it falls off.  Funny, as I have yet to find a gold nugget ring though.

I lost that ring a good 25 years before I got my first cheap Bounty Hunter metal detector.  I do remember it was about knee deep water and the minute it dropped I did not move and started looking for it.  I thought for sure I would find it but it vanished.

• Sad 5