Somebody Lost Their Pick

Allen, great pictures and cool story. You and I get to do the same kinds of detecting--quite the select experience checking the ground after the big equipment has finished working the bedrock, lots of fun to be had, and quite a few surprises too.

Glad to see you're still at it, and congratulations on your pick find--the way it's weathered, it looks like very old steel too.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 7:46 AM, Mike Furness said:

Andyy ... Did you ever lose one over in the Cleator AZ area on one of the Road Runner claims? I found a Bunk's Burro (I think it is called) pick, the smaller of his two sizes, over there a few years ago and gave it to one of my 'students' during a detector lesson.

I lost one on Bunk's and Frank's claim in Gold Basin.  He was all out of little ones and I had to buy a big one.

• Like 1

Your pickture of picks made me bring this up.🥸 But I'm being picky !

Dirt Pirate Book of Rules:

#117b None of those picks should be used to pick your nose !

(An actual rule , the "guidelines" clause does not apply in this case.)

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, klunker said:

your post piqued my interest. Now I don't want you to feel your being picked on, but your much too picky about the picks you pick to pick up. So I took this pickture of the picks in my pick up that I have picked up by not being picky about which picks I pick to pick up.

Klunker the Pic of your Picks is wrong side up...

strick

• Like 1
  • Haha 3