Z 19 Inch For The Folks Down Under

Swifty

(Saw this posted up on the gpz facebook page.)

Australian Announcement! Minelab GPZ 7000 19" coil!

Coils will be available from November 14th onwards.

The GPZ 19 Super-D coil has been designed to maximise the performance of a GPZ 7000 and give a significant depth increase over the standard GPZ 14 coil.

- Deeper detection (average 30%*)
- More ground coverage
- Less ground noise
- Waterproof (to 1m/3ft+)
- Super-D coil technology

RRP: $1795
Discounted Price: $1295 for original GPZ customers (customers that paid the initial full $10700 retail price). Available for a limited time only.

Australian Customers Only - Pre-order Deposit is $75 – secure your coil now!

“When using Normal Ground Type (in milder soils) I’ve actually been able to run a higher Sensitivity setting. I just couldn’t believe how smooth it was running for such a big coil, and I blooded the coil with its first piece after a short time, a very small flat piece of about 0.1g which proved that the big coil hasn’t given up much sensitivity." Nenad Lonic

"It will also cover more ground and pick up less ground noise, but it is heavier and can also pick up more EMI" Minelab 

6 hours ago, Steven Blair said:

Still no indication of weight, or if there will be a longer shaft to accommodate the larger coil.

???

Steve

It'll come with a lower shaft attached, no clue if it's longer tho. Maybe you can tell from the pics. 

I love the casual use of vector calculus in the blog post. :biggrin:

Nenad: are you going to do a vid comparing the 14" to the 19"?

I love the casual use of vector calculus in the blog post. 

The image of the equation and the explanation of the variables can be seen on Wikipedia. The most important thing is that r prime in equation is the distance to measurement (ie, the target of the detector) and with r in the numerator, and r cubed in the denominator, the field strength drops off with the cube of the distance. Since the eddy field from the target back to the coil also drops off at the cube of the distance, the return field strength is dropping off at the 10^6 power of the distance, explaining why it is so hard to get increased depth of detection.

Steve already posted the weight - about 1 pound more than the current 14 inch. However although a pound does not sound like much, its a lot on the end of a roughly 5 foot shaft.

Thanks Chris

I missed that earlier post from Steve(probably out bush swinging). I look forward to putting the coil over some patches if my shoulder will play the game. If the photo's are anything to go on the included shaft length is the same, which is a bit of a shame. Being a few inches over six foot and feet to match I find the shaft length a bit short at times.

Steve

Guest Jennifer
On 10/26/2016 at 1:00 PM, Reno Chris said:

The most important thing is that r prime in equation is the distance to measurement (ie, the target of the detector) and with r in the numerator, and r cubed in the denominator, the field strength drops off with the cube of the distance. Since the eddy field from the target back to the coil also drops off at the cube of the distance, the return field strength is dropping off at the 10^6 power of the distance.....

Correct me if I'm wrong Chris, but that only happens every third Sunday of the month unless the event occurs on a day ending in a Y, yes? :rolleyes:

I think it's time to redo my blond roots..... 

Jen