My Take On The Minelab GPZ 7000

Do you know if the wm 10 wireless module from ctx3030 works with the GPZ 7000 detector.

The wireless on the GPZ is a WM 12, and I don't think the detector will be compatible with the CTX WM 10.

Would you need 2 wireless modules to have dual speakers?

I think if you have some sort of booster like the B&Z booster made by JP, you can run two speakers off the output of the WM 12. It is however possible to have the detector send signal to two WM 12s at once. Its all spelled out in the manual, take a look and read through it.

Hello Steve, thanks for the information,l thought the ctx battery was a different voltage to the GPZ battery at 7.2 volts.Do you know if the wm 10 wireless module from ctx3030 works with the GPZ 7000 detector.

The CTX battery is 7.2v 34Wh and GPZ is 7.2v 72Wh

To will try my WM10 but was told there was interference problem with GPZ that neccessitated change.

In case anybody wondered about airplanes, the watt/hour rating being below 100w/h you can hand carry the detector with battery as well as up to 4 spare batteries. You can check in the detector with battery, but you CANNOT put spare batteries in youe checked baggage.

http://www.britishairways.com/cms/global/pdfs/lithium_battery.pdf

Steve and Chris. Sorry for all the questions .....but ...... did either of you get to have a crack on a salt lake by any chance?

Cheers

BB

I got around some crusty salt puddles and such but nothing like a salt flat. There is no specific salt setting so I am curious myself how the unit does on salt flats or salt beaches. The focus has been 100% on prospecting and I never really thought about it until asked recently.

• Like 1

Steve if you could comment on how the 7000 feels as compared to the CTX. I realize that it is going to be more front heavy. But is it as front heavy as say  the CTX with the large 17" DD coil?

strick

I am planning some very detailed notes and observations on weights and balances and other details. Unfortunately I have to ask you to patient for a couple days as I am a bit tied up at the moment.

It is not front heavy at all if rid set to proper length. Almost perfect balance. It just simply weighs more overall as more weight was needed in back to get proper balance.

I am curious about this new type of coil. The previous mono had a cone pattern, the DD had a blade pattern what kind of pattern does this new technology have?

Actually the blade thing is mostly a marketing myth. Next time you are out in the field move a nugget around under the coil and not the detection area. Something with a little size. Really small nuggets tend to only hit near the windings. But anything with size will reveal that the straight edged blade seen in ads does not exist.

I started a thread on the new coil at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/670-gpz-14-coil-for-minelab-gpz-7000/ and was surprised by the lack of comments.

Short answer is it is like swinging two DD coils next to each other so more like a mono but with two hotter strips.best bet is follow the link and look at the pictures.