Beach Patch Hunting (4 Rings For The Nox)

Sometimes you just have to find the right beach ... the right energy.  That is what I did this morning.

I got out about 3 hours before low tide (4:30 AM) at a regular beach and found next to nothing.  There was nothing that had been moved by the tide or the waves in one of my favorite beaches.  This half of a mile beach was dead.  It was time to go over a jetty and detect a beach that could get waves and energy from a different direction.

That got me started.  The waves overnight had been small and the tide was not really going to be very low but the beach had quite a slope to it.  I found a couple of quarters.  I gridded as I have done this beach before and the quarters kept coming.  These were 'old' quarters as my wife sometimes says.  That means they are tarnished and have been in the water for some time.  Now enough energy had focused on this beach to move them up.  What comes with old quarters?  RINGS!

The first one came at the bottom of a grid.  It was the stainless steel black ring.  More quarters and more dimes and then the bracelet, and then the second ring and more quarters and a little trash and I'm skipping some pennies.  Then I get an 18 on the 800 and I did it and it is the 3rd ring.  Another cheap one but still a ring.  I'm closing in on 3 hours and I need to go move my car but I also want to complete my grid pattern.  

Then for about the 3rd or 4th time this hunt I get multiple signals but the 800 is fast enough to distinguish the sounds.  I focus on a 'ring sound' and sure enough I get the 1.9g/14k ring.  It was among 2 other quarters, a couple of nickels and a dime.  These were all within a 5 ft circle digging down about 6-8 inches.

It was a good day and a good lesson once again about the energy.  The places I hunt need energy to move valuable objects.  Some of the heavies will be at the bottom of the grid but the gold ring was near the top.  Quarters will get there also with the right waves and wind.  I don't need a negative tide to find some good stuff.

Totals

38 Quarters

37 Dimes

14 Nickels

23 Pennies (I could have dug more but I do a little cherry picking to save my arm and time!)

4 Rings

The beach is not always this good and looking for gold in the desert has its challenges also.  You have to take what you can get.

Mitchel

IMG_9622.JPG

IMG_9624.JPG

IMG_9625.JPG

Wow, totally awesome finds.:ohmy:

Now that's one haul of change for that stretch of beach!  Great hunt!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Thanks for looking and the replies.

I should note that I gridded this beach for about 2 hours and if it was 100 yards that is stretching it.  I 'worked' it like a well hunted gold patch ... well, I still need to slow down on my gold patches you guys tell me!

Mitchel

Good job and nice quantity. I used to have the patience to grid while water hunting but lost it somewhere along the way. Now days a GPS track of my hunts would look like a 2 year olds drawing. LOL