A Tip For The GPZ Screen

I noticed the screen on the GPZ collects dust at a rapid rate. Rubbing the screen with one's finger will only scratch the screen...

my solution is a small square of micro-fiber cloth. I carry it in my right rear pocket and use it. It is very effective with a gentle brushing.

Costco sells these microfiber by the bundle and one cloth will make four or more...

The ctx also does this but coin digging is not as dusty it seems....

fred

I think I have a better idea for you Fred. I had a screen protector for an Amazon Kindle I never used, the clear type that stick on the screen. They make them for cell phones, etc. I just cut it to fit, stuck it on, and now no worries. The protector will get scratched eventually but then can be peeled off and replaced. And they are cheap.

The main thing is have the screen 100% clean before sticking the protector on. The tiniest dust will make a little bubble under the protector.

Just before Steve posted his good idea, I thought about possibly using a camera lens brush, which retracts into a pen like enclosure, plus there is on the opposite end, a small feature that is enclosed, when opened, allows the user to remove finger smudges, etc, after the dust has been brushed off.  About 6 bucks or less, fits in your pocket, just like a pen...

Gary/Largo

The plastic screen on the GPZ is ridiculously soft, especially for a 10K machine. I just don't get it? I was really aggravated by this because I found out the hard way.

I then did what Steve did. You can buy a 3 pack at Wallmart and cut to size.

I've already scratched my screen up too, those protectors are a good idea, going to Walmart tomorrow to find them.

I agree, any $99 cell phone has Gorilla Glass these days. Not sure how that choice of plastic got put into one of the most critical areas of one of the most expensive detectors around...

Just got back from trip with GPZ and noticed what I thought was screen damage, on further investigation the screen has a soft plastic protector on it as standard, well mine has anyway. Will remove and replace with phone lens protector. Perhaps that is what is scratching rather than the screen?