It did say first Gold so ... 3.9g/22k ring found today!

Mitchel

IMG_9031.JPG

• Like 8

I'll follow your lead Mitchel. Couple rings form the parks last weekend. The gold one is 14k stamped and was around 12-02  on the ctx... could have been a piece of foil/tin. 

strick 

rings.jpg

• Like 8

Weather here got above freezing and I had the "itch" real bad so I contacted the nice owners of the claim that I had a permission on last year to see if we were ok for this year?  They said "go right ahead" so I loaded up my tracked quad and drove 45mins to the end of plowed road and tracked 6 miles up to the claim.  When I first arrived at end of plowed road I realized I'd forgot my coat!!!  I also had a camera in that coat pocket to take pics of the trip.  I almost aborted the trip but found an old sweatshirt and flannel shirt behind seat of PU and had on my bib overalls so threw that on and headed up.  Two ft of snow at the claim and had to shovel about a foot of snow off river bank and start digging. Only moved 6 buckets (2.5-3 gals) of -1/4 but got these little pieces and snuffered up a lot of colors/fines (not shown) after 4 hrs.  Hands and feet got a little cold but not bad and the trip helped cure the itch somewhat.   Had a blast and first gold of the season with the trusty #2, pan, sluice, rock pick.......   (pic of quad @ 7,000ft...not claim)

eddy7a.JPG

P1150003_1.JPG

• Like 9

Real nice  bit of gold oneguy, the snow ghosts remind me of Big mountain and Whitefish.

That's keen oneguy.  Keener than I would be in the snow.  All the power to you  :wink: