Found A Virgin Patch

Went out detecting this morning. Have been trying to go find new areas to detect.

So have been reading,researching, and mapping. For the most part I've been going to pounded out workings.

It was not working for me. Was going on a 2 week drought. It was starting to make me wonder what the heck I was doing wrong.

So this new area I had in mind had favorable geology to me. It looked right. But no evidence of any serious mining activity. But it looked and felt right.

So I headed up this dry gulch. Sq nail, sq nail, Square nail. Then wire, bullet, nail, and tin. I was like here we go again.

I decided to get out of the dry creek. I had saw this saddle while scouting the area earlier. So I gave it a walk to.

I got to the area. Went thru the auto tune and ground balance procedure and started swinging.

The ground was still wet from the recent rains.

So I worked in High Yield, Normal ground, and no smoothing. I also turned my threshold down a bit.

I swung for about 25 minutes, Then I hit the biggest nugget of the day first.

I did eventually go into Difficult ground for awhile. And also low smoothing when the detector starting getting noisy.

But would switch back and forth when conditions allowed.

There was not any dig holes in the area that I seen. So it seems I'm the 1st in the area with a detector.

One of my most fun days detecting ever.

post-400-0-22767100-1436758952_thumb.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Beauty, Congrats. Nothing more fulfilling than a virgin patch. With faith that they are there you may never look back.

Awesome man, nice work!

Those are beauties!  WTG