Sign in to follow this  

well done

• Like 1

It has a nice flash.  Good find.

• Like 1

Very nice good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

That's a beauty!  Love it when your hunting away, just having a good time...then Boom! Very Nice surprise!

• Like 1

Don't you just LOVE gold showing up?

Nice find.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

Beauty is judged by it's weight on gold and platinum rings right?

Nice finds!

• Like 1

Why is all the gold in California Ha Ha , I'm jealous, Northern California is not only beautiful but it has gold too!! I haven't found that wonderful color in about 2 years. It's kinda like fishing, If you don't fish for the fish your looking for you just might not find it. I think you just gave me the inspiration to focus on the yellow stuff. Great finds!!! and post some photo's of the scenery. It's been quite awhile since I've been there.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dogodog said:

I'm jealous, Northern California is not only beautiful but it has gold too!

It also has the trash of >100.000 old timers  buried. Most places don't even have a clean area where you can put down your detector without your headset blowing off your ears. The GPZ is great in finding those beautiful sounding deep targets, which turn out not seldom to be large pieces of mining equipment junk left behind >>100 years ago. Of course, unearthing this junk will often take you > 2 feet of digging, which makes this even more fun. 

Don't get me wrong. I like it up here. The Sierra's are beautiful and there are spots where you find gold. But for the most part I use my SDC and focus on bedrock. My GPZ I use more in the desert (NV, Southern-CA, AZ). For really hopeless areas only the GM1000 with iron meter allows for some hunting fun.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 12:44 PM, strick said:

The wife and I spent a night at a small town beach area back in mid Feb...we brought our detectors just for fun...not my first pick as it's cold and windy most of the time with not many people  but my wife likes these areas north of Petaluma as she grew up in that area...Lisa was learning her new Nox 800...she found a few coins and lots of trash...I got lucky as I did not expect to find a gold ring...at first I thought it was 10K but it acid tests 14K like it's stamped....not the prettiest ring but gold is gold....the little one is silver.... some lady and her 5 year old daughter were on their hands and knees watching as I sifted it out of the sand...they were as surprised as I was..

strick

20200223_160024.jpg

20200223_160126.jpg

Very nice gold ring!

congrats!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Againstmywill
      Got out today for 2 hours and detected a spot that had been grown over by Florida vegetation. Someone came in and scraped the top layer off and cleared tons of brush. I thought I would see if anything old was there. Seeing the area was settled in the 70's, I was not expecting much. And that is what I found! I only found clad around the area where the homeless must have been. Around a blanket that remained, I found about $2 in quarters and dimes. 
      Having exhausted that area and becoming exhausted in the 108% humidity, I thought I would try my trusty neighborhood football field again seeing the gate was opened up again. About 20 minutes into that location, I got a strong 6-7 that had that special sound to it. I flipped over the plug and had to get the camera.🙂 This is my 4th class ring , 2nd in FL at this complex. It has the date, school, name and boyfriend's name, so I'm hoping it will be able to be returned. Looks like it has been in the ground over 10 years just going off the date. It is 10K.
      The field continues to give up the gold and the 15" on the Equinox continues to earn its keep. I was using Park 1, ground balanced, 18 sensitivity, 7 recovery speed, and all metal.
      I'm including more pics for those who are not able to get out yet. I always enjoy looking at pics, so maybe others do as well.
      UPDATE--I got a hold of the school office, and a very helpful woman took my information. She said she would reach out to others to see if they could contact the owner of the ring. A day later, I received a text from the possible owner. I asked her about the ring, and she gave all the correct answers. Just the other day I was able to meet with the owner's sister in person for the exchange. She was very thankful and happy that someone would go to all the effort to return a ring; her smile says the same. She said she would likely see her sister this weekend. Today, I received a picture with the ring on the owner's hand. Always cool to know it was a positive thing on the receiving end. I didn't know it at the time, but after polishing it, it turned out to be white gold, my first! As an aside, I had to ask the sister about the inscription inside. She said her sister and the guy did not work out. 🙁  

• By Skullgolddiver
      Woke up late😨.
      Found a decent place.
      Found competition at work already💀.
      Heard from local fisherman's report on last week competition's success right there🤐...
      Almost 5 hours, dug 5 holes found 5 items...And the sand is yet to come...
      Can You guess how much I love the summer season?🙄
      End of the story for today...

• By dogodog
      Today started out a little slow at an old church ground, after about 7 cents and 1 1/2 hours I packed it in. Not wanting to give up so soon I decided to try a fair ground near an old fire house. I used to go there as a kid. Thinking I would find a ton of trash I put on the 9 inch to help with all the aluminum slaw. While I was trying to remember where the Ferris wheel and tilt-a-whirl where i stumbled onto a dime and penny. Thinking I needed to move up the field 100yds, I Was swinging as I walked not caring to much as this field is big and I was hitting a million signals. Half way I got a strong silver signal and dug a really nice Silver and Amethyst Ring about 2'' deep. After a few clad and an 1 1/2 hours later I got bouncy gold level signal. Normally I would not have dug this, but something just sounded strange and strong. Good thing I did because, It was a 14k and what I believe to be ruby and small diamonds. Thinking this is the best day I've had in years and knowing It was my night to cook dinner, I headed back to the truck swinging wildly and smiling ear to ear. About 75 yards from the truck I got another really strong silver tone. I almost passed out when I popped a silver and gold Tiffany ring. Days like this are very rare for me and the MK has made detecting a lot of fun. Topping this day might take a few years.

• By Joe Beechnut OBN
      Been staying Home due to the Convid19 virus but seen a small window to get out yesterday. Got my much needed exercise at a private beach. Water was calm and beautiful with plenty of targets. Being my first trip out since March the 15th I could see changes, good and bad in the bottom. Since the winds and water were calm I went for the faintest targets in all metal with the excalibur. Slowly working  a area about 800 feet off shore.  Two 10k gold rings, and a few crusty silvers. First was a class ring I believe to be from the early 1900's, no markings which would place it before 1906. The second a men's 11 gram semi honker. Diamond tested real, which does very little for the value since it's less then a 1/2 carat. If I can slip out once a week and not see a soul I'll be very Happy...
      Stay safe and Healthy......joe

• By Mark Gillespie
      Man, hunting was much harder this time.  After quite a bit of rain last night the ground was alive with false audio reports.  I knew right from the start the SL required some delicate adjustments.  This coal waste is very conductive, especially when it's soaked.  After digging at least 15 holes out comes a quarter, then 1946 wheat penny.  Then after another 45 minutes of digging and maybe 20 additional holes, finally a nice find.   I'm so grateful after an extremely stressful day at work.

• By Againstmywill
      One good thing about social distancing was not having relatives for Easter dinner at our place this year so that we didn't have to clean the house! That afforded a couple hours of detecting time. Sadly, the football field and baseball fields I normally frequent were all chained off. So, I had to get creative. I detected around the outside of one of the diamonds and ran the 15" Equinox coil over this recent drop. I would not have seen it just walking past it, so I still count it as a find even though no dirt was dug. The chain is .925 and the cross says 10K. There are a couple names on the part that the chain goes through. My diamond tester did not show positive for diamonds. A blessed Easter to you all!