12 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

I’m not so sure I’d order something without knowing the price.

Wait long enough and the 5000 will be selling at 4500 price and buy 6000 then get the 4500 free.

Chuck 

I never understood the mentality of not releasing the price of a new machine. I can't think of an advantage for MInelab to do that. There are a lot of people that would try and scrape up the money or take out a small loan, if they knew the price. Withholding a price does not change the sticker shock for me anyways. It is what it is, so why not give us time to prep for it. Maybe someone here in advertising or finance can let us know why that is done that way.

• Like 1

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! Well, I just this couple minutes ago on Facebook! Looks awesome!

It’s such a weird disjointed feeling seeing something you’ve spent years and hundreds and hundreds of hours acutely involved in suddenly ‘out there’ in the real world. 🥴 I wish them well and I hope wh

I don’t need lots of controls. I need one. Power button. I’m fine with a detector that simply finds gold nuggets at depth and nothing else and does so automatically with no fuss. Controls just to have

Posted Images

Field results is all I am waiting for, otherwise why buy before the product is proven.  Especially  in the time of Covid and a bubble economy that is about to break.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, HotSauce said:

Field results is all I am waiting for, otherwise why buy before the product is proven.  Especially  in the time of Covid and a bubble economy that is about to break.

IMHO, the fact that it is a high end detector paired with being lightweight is already a buying reason for me. Swinging a high performance machine all day without harness has always been a dream of mine, thus far only possible with the GM (not high end). Regarding performance, it is said that it would come close to that of the GPZ. But we shall see. But even if it would just match the SDC performance I would buy it. Weight is all for me.

• Like 1

If nothing else, it will certainly be the light weight patch hunting P.I. many of us have been waiting for from any manufacturer.

• Like 4

I don't know anything about relic hunting, but with the GPX there are ways to ignore tiny ferrous items other than iron discrim. For instance: in the Chemhuevis there are these tiny metal wires everywhere from airborne WW2 target practice screens. You can eliminate  good percentage of them while still running high gain and hitting deep nuggets by running in Salt Coarse (I found a 28 gram speci there with this technique). Or, you can also ignore a good percentage of them while still getting deeper nuggets by getting a good, large DD coil but staying in all metal. Also, you can increase the stabilzation to reduce or ignore the tiniest zips.

The 6000 may prove to be usable for relics with some tweaks like this. The inability to change timings and always being stuck in ultra sensitivie may render these sorts of techniques moot too though, I guess we have to see. You can switch between normal and bad ground at least, so there is some adjustability, and you can run DD's (though I don't consider a 13x17 "big" so we'll have to see the coil situation). Enhance on the 4500 will actually ignore or minimize some smaller iron trash, so the ground settings on the 6000 might as well?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

Do you think this machine will be able to hit a  tenth of a grain gold nugget? That would be impressive for a gold PI machine. 

I do it all the time with the 7000.

• Like 2

It seems that the Arab and African markets have carte blanche, or else I don't understand.   

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

I do it all the time with the 7000.

A tenth of a grain or tenth of a gram?

53 minutes ago, Luis said:

It seems that the Arab and African markets have carte blanche, or else I don't understand.   

I don’t think anybody understands why it’s rolling this way except for one thing... that market is larger than Australia and the U.S. combined.

• Like 6