March Bay Gold Rings..(11)

Out for 5 hours, 6 gold rings, 7 silvers. Was tracking a storm crossing the midwest late last week and into the weekend. Luckily it was just the right winds and I was able to catch one very good lowtide.

Most of the Gold was stained bad , been under many years. One very interesting gold is the band..OB three crowns then 14k, a rare early years Ostby Barton. The real question for me this hunt is I found a very small gold ring, I think it was gold, Some how and some where she is still in the Bay I believe. Think it got stuck to my glove as I was putting it in my pouch, Got it on video..just not the full shot of it going into my pouch. Had this happen before, should have been more careful. Lesson learned..  

Over all had a great time, got workout and found treasures. The Excalibur is doing it's job and hopefully by summer we will see the "AQ" as my clean up machine. 

21dd.jpg

21stain.jpg

21c.jpg

OBN-0020.jpg

Great water hunt, and sorry for your loss on the ring.

Wish I lived close to the ocean and had the same gear you have.

Bet your going back looking for that one that dropped, I know I would go nuts thinking about it.

Doing great out there.

I'm  not sure if I've ever been that skilled or even lucky finding gold rings. good for you! great finds!!, I would love to hunt ocean water but I don't do sharks. 

Many Thanks for the Kind words, Good Luck to all headed out soon.

Not to much to worry about as far as being bait for the sea creatures, water temps are chilly..at 43F...6C

May Poseidon and Amphitrite reveal the treasures of the ocean to you. Hope I'm correct on my Greek mythology. If they do please post more photos my friend. Keep warm

That’s awesome Joe! Great finds! Sorry about the one that got away. .but it’s waiting there for you. I would love to water hunt but our Southern California waves are brutal and I would just end up getting my butt kicked. Good luck my friend!