This was my 3rd and last hunt. I went out for a low tide hunt and I was the only one at the beach. I think it’s mostly because people are going at night and leaving when the sun goes up.

Things were looking good, I was pulling the correct targets that should lead to some gold. Within 1.5 hrs I had pulled the 5 rings and ear ring. I continued hunting but the next half hour I wasn’t getting any targets anymore so I decided to throw a nickel on the ground. I was running all metal and max sensitivity. I ran the coil about an inch from the nickel and I could hear it but not that strong.  I decided to start raising the coil and kept swinging until I couldn’t hear it anymore. At about 8-9 inches I couldn’t hear the nickel anymore. The battery was still good but I decided to try my backup that was fully charged.  I got the same results on the wet and dry with the fully charged battery. I have no idea what happened with the AQ after only 3 hunts but I did noticed the back of the control pod was rather warm.  I don’t know if it was warm because this is a high powered detector or some other reason.

P I shot an email to Rick which he forwarded to Fisher and I got a call back within two hours. I spoke to Felix and he sent me a shipping label so the detector is heading back to FT. I am bummed that this happened specially when I was on a roll but sh*t happens.  I hope they are able to figured out what happened quickly so that I can get back to swinging and learning it some more. Good luck out there, HH. The 3 rings and ear ring are silver. The other two rings, one is tungsten and the other is junk. When I was about to dig the junk ring in my head I was like this is a big ring, pulled it out and I’m like 🤯 The pictures show all the targets I dug this hunt.

53B4E2B3-C0F4-4BD6-A8F9-B1E8FCB0B7A5.jpeg

8DE52AFC-3560-4C86-8ABB-7A37474C790D.jpeg

F0DA9920-B770-4B19-8E11-EB426AA32513.jpeg

8EE45FCA-3DA4-44D2-9357-4EC00D757522.jpeg

Wow Seeker what a shame!- I mean congrats on the silver but it looks like you were in the zone with a good possibility of finding some gold. I usually have a backup detector with me for such a situation, especially, since I don't live that close to the beach but I know some hunters aren't comfortable having extra equipment in their vehicles.

38 minutes ago, The Seeker said:

Within 1.5 hrs I had pulled the 5 rings and ear ring.

Wow!With a similar ring/time ratio I'd never leave the place without to keep at least a referral point to go back there soon as possible.Probably using a real gps with coordinates. Unluckily my find's life is under the surface and to keep trace of a point I need other three of them on the compass to isolate a promising spot.

I'm sorry for your AQ, but thanks for the notice of a fast phone call from them at FT...This is something I really want from someone that is supposed to be my future "bread" supplier...

Still nice finds Seeker!

Being a "beta tester" definitely has it's downside! But your unit will make the next one's better! I'm sure you won't have to wait as long for your AQ, as I am for the Nox repair!!👍👍

Too bad that happened. Hopefully you’ll be in the swing again shortly. 

Good hunt and them bummer!

Better days ahead.

Mitchel

Sorry to see for it looks like you were getting ready for the big one!  I like the quick response from Rick and Fisher..If you still have the machine check the power cable. I noticed twice now it had like a static electricity  build up?  A disconnect then reconnect it clears up...

Also check the volume, I had a few moments I though something had went...turned out I accidentally hit the volume...After me going thru all I seen the volume was low..So it was a false alarm..

And the AQ does run Hot! Some of the first test I ran when I was doing the battery testing...I did a temp test. Best to get to know every little detail for the AQ is like no other Animal.

Different areas of the control head..

91 degrees

98145205_580284322613474_6111349681768366080_n.jpg

131 degrees

98355505_659042844642604_5639103343079981056_n.jpg

109 degrees

99078100_293492881651499_9210448256922812416_n.jpg

All temps taken within a few seconds of each at different points on the head unit

15 hours ago, Compass said:

Wow Seeker what a shame!- I mean congrats on the silver but it looks like you were in the zone with a good possibility of finding some gold. I usually have a backup detector with me for such a situation, especially, since I don't live that close to the beach but I know some hunters aren't comfortable having extra equipment in their vehicles.

Thanks Compass. Unfortunately that day I didn’t take a back up. The first two times I hunted with the AQ I did take a back up but not this time. Once I get it back I will have to start carrying a second detector for a couple of hunts.

15 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I guess you have the distinction of being the first failure serious enough to warrant a return to HQ. That sucks, as it looks like you are doing well.

I have never had any problems with any other detector. This one that I have babied so much putting it on the back seat on something soft and then covering repays me this way 🥴 I really hope it’s an easy fix so I can get back out there and try to find my first gold.

10 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Sorry to see for it looks like you were getting ready for the big one!  I like the quick response from Rick and Fisher..If you still have the machine check the power cable. I noticed twice now it had like a static electricity  build up?  A disconnect then reconnect it clears up...

Also check the volume, I had a few moments I though something had went...turned out I accidentally hit the volume...After me going thru all I seen the volume was low..So it was a false alarm..

And the AQ does run Hot! Some of the first test I ran when I was doing the battery testing...I did a temp test. Best to get to know every little detail for the AQ is like no other Animal.

Different areas of the control head..

During the hunts I have the habit of always checking my settings to see where I’m at. I did replace my battery with the fully charged back up so that should have taken care of the static build up. I sort of figured the running hot part was due to it being a high power unit that likes to a consume a lot of volts/amps.  Thanks for all the great info you provide us OBN.

9 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

131 degrees

131 F degrees?😟means 55 C at the highest peak of your measurements...Jeez...Good to use it fully "underwater cooled"