Warranty Service On The GPZ

nvchris

After a few shots of  Fireball, I think I read that it might take up to 40% to get the ZEDS repaired?

• Like 1

Wow, brand new machine though - gotta like that!

Everytime my detectors went in for issues they came back with the boards replaced.

I think this is just the way they do it.

The less people that know what makes them tic the less chance of secrets getting out.

I'd be interested to know what happens to the broken detectors, after all the only thing wrong with mine was a LCD screen/board.

The coil, shaft and housing must be still useable for the replacement parts market.

I'm going to do some dumpster diving in Chandler!

Happy for the outcome although the way it came about was less than satisfactory.

Maybe they should hire another tech in AZ.

Chris it will be interesting to see if you get back your old coil,shaft and housing.

With new electronics stuffed inside.

Glad to hear you are getting some answers finally out of them.

If it was me I would of sent Bruno and Guido over to check on it!HaHa

With modern surface mounted electronics, replacing individual components is difficult and therefore costly. A replacement board is a lot quicker and can be done by someone with less skill. If the unit is under warranty, it's great for the detector owner. If it's out of warranty I have heard of board replacement costs in the many hundreds of dollars. If the needed replacement board is not available, sending out a new machine may be the only solution.

• Like 3