First AQ Water Hunt, First AQ Gold

Approximately  3 hour hunt (one battery), about 2 hours in the water in the Gulf. Water was almost flat with a slight current, bottom was rippled. This particular beach doesn't get many tourists and is somewhat out of the way, I didn't expect a lot of targets.

Since I still have loads to learn on the machine, I didn't spend a whole lot of time with any specific setting as I was trying to see what adjustments did what. Hunted in all metal the entire hunt.  I found you really need to hunt slow to avoid any rising threshold due to swinging into deeper water. Sensitivity adjustments and delay adjustments helped. The machine was more than useable in the water with the exception of the coil connector when it enters/exits the water. Odd thing on that was I thought I was shallow enough but the connector sticks out a good ways.....

The tent stakes, sinker, and bottle caps were from the wet sand. The few other targets were from the water waist to chest deep. The dime seemed to be the deepest target at about 3 scoops deep give or take. There was no mistaking the ring as a target, it wasn't a whisper at all.....got it with the second scoop.

Pinpointing the target prior to digging was easier with the 12" coil then I had thought it would be.

Balance on this machine is really good for wet/dry hunting, however, it did take a few adjustments to my typical hunting style to have good coil control in the water, it does show you how "bad" your normal coil control may be....

You sure don't have to worry about when the battery is getting low, it lets you know when it is time to change batteries or go home!

All in all, I'm liking this machine so far....

Cliff

2020-09-23 11.54.47.jpg

2020-09-23 12.18.52.jpg

46 minutes ago, tvr said:

What diamond tester are you using?

Nice hunt. One hunt, one gold. Hopefully it is a start of a gold streak for you.

My tester is an older GemOro. I really need to replace it with a newer one although it still works and is pretty reliable.  I normally cross check it on a known good diamond. 

9 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

WOW! Nice hunt ! I wonder if the detector is already reimbursed with this type of diamond?

Not in melt value BUT, here it is with its retail value..... I'm shocked at the price to be honest.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/mens-diamond-cluster-ring-2-ct.-t.w.-in-10k-gold?ID=6209252&CategoryID=21176

To bad all hunts don't have results like that!

Cliff

2 hours ago, cdv said:

You sure don't have to worry about when the battery is getting low, it lets you know when it is time to change batteries or go home!

Hahahahaha it will blow your head off😬. I could do with just the red LED. Nice hunt Cliff, wish you well

Congrats on your first time out and the gold bonus! Good to hear you're liking the machine. That's quite a ring!!