1 hour ago, Willy said:

ASK jOE, HE HAS TESTED IT;

Why yell at me Willy? Was a simple question.

Sorry I did not speak up earlier. I made a verbal agreement not to speak of the 8 inch coil with anyone except one person at Fisher Labs. 

The 8 inch coil does not float...Stays on the bottom perfectly without effort if your cuffed to the shaft. Letting go of the detector, not cuffed in, it has a slight, very slow lift. In my words it is "Perfect". No effort is needed to keep it on the bottom while hunting. Moves thru the water like any other small 8 inch coil, very smooth.... 

Yes, Joe has the only one “in the wild”. It may or may not be identical to the production version, but I suspect it’s buoyancy will be the same.

P.S. Thanks for the well wishes. It was a minor but uncomfortable procedure and as of today - I am pretty much back to normal.

1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Stays on the bottom perfectly without effort if your cuffed to the shaft. Letting go of the detector, not cuffed in, it has a slight, very slow lift.

Sounds very similar to the 15 inch in that regard. Thanks for the report. Looking forward to a production run being available.

Unfortunate about you being put in the squeeze with confidentiality commitment vs. the "ask Joe" exposure.  Nothing for you to apologize about.

6 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Joe, buddy, you are just to darn famous...... expect more NDAs.   Sooooo are you allowed to spill the beans on what that additional 15% power consumption gets us?

Be interesting to know what kind of performance it has in iron beach sites. That is if Joe is allowed to state.

On 10/23/2020 at 4:23 PM, Willy said:

I guess they would not do such a silly thing😉

The 8" coil is coming with a removable coil cover (65gr). That could be used as a ballast in the water if the coil happens to float.

Without coil cover, it is very light since it is made with glass bubble-filled epoxy as is the 12.5" coil model.

We strongly feel that a coil cover is optional as the back of the coil is made of very hard epoxy.

Le Jag has never used a coil cover for many years without any visible wearing.

Ask Joe, he has field tested the proto.

I add
that if you set the impulse
most sensitive = all metals
maximum sensitivity
Minimum ATS
the slightest impact or scraping with the sand
will make some noise!
to fetch the whispers / in perfect silence
you have to be closest to the sand = without touching it
== therefore no wear .....
+ of course, it's different in the water